Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Over £1m of Welsh Government funding helps children get a Flying Start
Over £1m of Welsh Government funding has been allocated to 33 Flying Start projects across Wales to help them improve their facilities, Carl Sargeant announced today.
- Swansea based Oyster Bay Systems expands and set to create 19 new jobs with Welsh Government support
- Welsh Government to invest over £2m to develop Welsh ports
- Over £1m of Welsh Government funding helps children get a Flying Start
In this section
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.
Innovation is one of our key drivers for economic growth and job creation.
If you’re thinking about implementing new ideas, creating new dynamic products, or improving existing products or services you may be eligible for support from an integrated innovation support package.
This encourages and enables businesses to:
- invest in Research and Development (R&D) to harness the commercial opportunities of innovation and research
- work with universities and other academic institutions to exploit commercially directed research.
- adopt a more focused approach, tackling the barriers to investment in R&D and innovation
- access funding and support for business-led R&D and innovative projects
How our support and funding can help
Support and funding can be given to assist with:
- new product research and development, design and manufacturing
- product commercialisation and access to markets
- managing Intellectual Property (IP) - including obtaining IP information, developing a strategy, funding to protect IP and assistance through the Patent Library (PATLIB) centre (external link)
- sourcing and accessing SMARTCymru Research, Development and Innovation funding and Innovation Vouchers from the Welsh Government
- sourcing other UK and European R&D funding and help towards proposal preparations
- travel abroad to meet potential R&D partners
We can help you access a range of technical innovation expertise and facilities in Welsh universities and colleges by:
- sourcing and getting in touch with the right experts or facilities
- identifying academic partners for collaborative R&D
- finding quality graduates and postgraduates through placement schemes
- sourcing and accessing industry-focussed networks to share expertise and knowledge on emerging technologies
- facilitating the Expertise Wales web portal (external link) providing a database of academic expertise in Wales