Metro Project ‘huge opportunity for Wales’ says transport industry
An ambitious plan for a transformative integrated transport system in South Wales will take another step forwards today, as the First Minister launches a publicity campaign for the new Metro system.
- Wales’ Health Minister calls on UK Government to ban fatty and sugary food adverts on TV before 9pm
- ‘Stickers in windows’ food hygiene rating scheme “a big success story for Wales” – Vaughan Gething
- Metro Project ‘huge opportunity for Wales’ says transport industry
- Local Government Act 2000 Part III, Conduct of Local Government Members - Amendments to Subordinate Legislation
- Proposed New Management Measures for the Scallop Fishery in Cardigan Bay
- Draft Local Government (Wales) Bill and Explanatory Memorandum
- The Public Sector Waste and Resource Efficiency Plan
- Code of Practice on the Role of the Director of Social Services under Part 8 of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) 2014 Act
- Refugee and Asylum Seeker Delivery Plan
Section highlightThe Planning (Wales) Act 2015
The act puts in place delivery structures, processes and procedures to make Wales’ planning system fit for the 21st century.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
1st Supplementary Budget 2015-16 »
The 1st supplementary budget proposes a number of changes to the final budget for 2015-16, which was published in December 2014.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Digital Wales is our agenda for making Wales a truly digital nation.
We're committed to a smarter, better connected society and economy. Through Digital Wales we will deliver digital skills for everyone, improved online public services, faster infrastructure and enhanced mobile coverage. We are also looking for answers to questions such as:
- How can we ensure that everyone in Wales can enjoy the benefits of digital technology?
- How can our businesses use digital technologies to innovate and grow?
- How can we use digital technology to deliver better, faster and more efficient public services?
Delivering a Digital Wales
Delivering a Digital Wales is our framework for putting our Digital Wales agenda into action. It details our strategy, aims and vision. The framework is split into five objectives:
- public services
We are actively working to improve mobile and wireless coverage across Wales too. You can read more about these in the framework document.
We will bring together and work with a range of partners, from businesses to community groups. We will use expert advisors on the Digital Wales Advisory Network to ensure we focus on the key priorities.
Our Digital Wales LinkedIn group (external link) provides information and updates on Digital Wales. It aims to bring together businesses, individuals and other organisations throughout Wales and internationally.
If you’d like to let us have your ideas for building a Digital Wales or would like more information, email us at email@example.com.
- Book launch marks new chapter in Eiry's creative career
- Wales strengthens its position in the £1bn UK gaming industry
- International event puts Wales at centre of global digital economy
- Cardiff cyber security specialist opens office in Australia to meet growing international demand for its services