Train / Work / Live – First Minister of Wales launches major new GP recruitment campaign
A major new campaign to promote Wales as an excellent place for doctors, including GPs, and their families, to train, work and live has been launched by First Minister of Wales, Carwyn Jones.
- Finance Ministers will press Chancellor for infrastructure stimulus
- First Minister to mark 50th anniversary of the Aberfan disaster
- Train / Work / Live – First Minister of Wales launches major new GP recruitment campaign
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Draft Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Practice Guidance: Planning Implications of Renewable and Low Carbon Energy Development
For each renewable and low carbon energy technology this guidance gives:
- A simple, non-technical description;
- The main technological and financial constraints;
- planning procedural issues;
- environmental, social and economic impacts and benefits; and
- design, mitigation and enhancement measures.
It also considers:
- the effects of climate change on these technologies;
- relevant financial drivers and barriers that may exist;
- the role of community involvement and community benefits coming from these technologies;
- the role of these technologies within designated areas and sites; and
- the opportunities for engagement, good design and planning obligations.
This practice guidance should be read with Technical Advice Note 8 Planning for Renewable Energy.
The practice guidance draws on the findings of research prepared for us by Land Use Consultants and the Centre for Sustainable Energy.
The practice guidance was updated in 2011 to include guidance on the planning implications of solar arrays.