UK Climate Change Risk Assessment Evidence Report »The Wales report highlights the risks to our economy, communities and environment from flooding and heat.Learn more »
First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
The First Minister of Wales, Carwyn Jones has convened an extraordinary meeting of the British-Irish Council (BIC) to discuss the outcome of the EU referendum.
- Public Health Minister accepts new recommendations on Vitamin D intake
- Tourism industry ready for an EPIC summer
Featured story »National Assembly 2016 election results
- First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
- Welsh Language Standards – Improving services for Welsh speakers within the health sector
- Proposed Technical Advice Note (TAN) 24: The Historic Environment
- There are no consultations closing within the next 10 days
Featured consultation »Proposed technical advice note 24: The historic environment
69 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Practice Guidance: Planning Implications of Renewable and Low Carbon Energy Development
For each renewable and low carbon energy technology this guidance gives:
- A simple, non-technical description;
- The main technological and financial constraints;
- planning procedural issues;
- environmental, social and economic impacts and benefits; and
- design, mitigation and enhancement measures.
It also considers:
- the effects of climate change on these technologies;
- relevant financial drivers and barriers that may exist;
- the role of community involvement and community benefits coming from these technologies;
- the role of these technologies within designated areas and sites; and
- the opportunities for engagement, good design and planning obligations.
This practice guidance should be read with Technical Advice Note 8 Planning for Renewable Energy.
The practice guidance draws on the findings of research prepared for us by Land Use Consultants and the Centre for Sustainable Energy.
The practice guidance was updated in 2011 to include guidance on the planning implications of solar arrays.