Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Avian Influenza – Next Steps
Following the announcement to declare a new Avian Influenza Prevention Zone the Chief Veterinary Officer for Wales is reminding bird keepers to be prepared ahead of its implementation next Tuesday.
- Out of Work Service funding extended until 2020
- Carwyn Connect heads to Penygraig
- Avian Influenza – Next Steps
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Practice Guidance: Planning Implications of Renewable and Low Carbon Energy Development
For each renewable and low carbon energy technology this guidance gives:
- A simple, non-technical description;
- The main technological and financial constraints;
- planning procedural issues;
- environmental, social and economic impacts and benefits; and
- design, mitigation and enhancement measures.
It also considers:
- the effects of climate change on these technologies;
- relevant financial drivers and barriers that may exist;
- the role of community involvement and community benefits coming from these technologies;
- the role of these technologies within designated areas and sites; and
- the opportunities for engagement, good design and planning obligations.
This practice guidance should be read with Technical Advice Note 8 Planning for Renewable Energy.
The practice guidance draws on the findings of research prepared for us by Land Use Consultants and the Centre for Sustainable Energy.
The practice guidance was updated in 2011 to include guidance on the planning implications of solar arrays.