Successful prosecutions for scallop fishing offences »We take seriously our responsibility for managing and protecting Welsh seas and all our natural resources.Learn more »
Taking Wales forward: Ministers “hit the ground running” during the first 100 days in office – First Minister
The Welsh Government has “hit the ground running” during its first 100 days as it delivers its ambitious programme of building a united, connected and sustainable Wales, Carwyn Jones has said.
- Congratulations to GCSE pupils on results day - Kirsty Williams
- Recycling in Wales reaches record high
- Taking Wales forward: Ministers “hit the ground running” during the first 100 days in office – First Minister
- Proposed changes to how Environmental Impact Assessment applies to Town and Country Planning
- National Strategy on Violence Against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence - A framework for delivery 2016 - 2021
- Establishment of a Flood and Coastal Erosion Committee
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
Featured consultation »Proposed changes to how environmental impact assessment applies to town and country planning
73 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Circular Letters - 2003
Circular Letters provide advice and guidance on various planning topics.
Circular Letters are used to provide clarification of policy or procedure and are issued by the Minister or officials on his/her behalf.
The Assembly encourages local planning authorities to enter into pre application discussions.
This statement provides further clarification in relation to when new and emerging national planning policy should be taken into account by a local planning authority.
The Assembly Government has responsibility for setting the policy and procedural framework within which we all operate.
The Welsh Assembly Government consulted last year on draft guidance on the new Ethical Framework, introduced by Part 111 of the Local Government Act 2000.
Letter to local planning authorities about mobile phone operators' 10 commitments.