Progress on major health conditions delivery plans »We remain committed to ensuring that quality improvement remains at the centre of our approach for the future of NHS Wales.Learn more »
Statement from the First Minister following meeting with the Prime Minister on Tata Steel
“My message to the Prime Minister this morning was simple. These plants cannot close.”
- Welsh Government agrees partnership in principle for £80m convention centre plans at Celtic Manor Resort, Newport
- £43m to improve Wales’ primary care services
- Statement from the First Minister following meeting with the Prime Minister on Tata Steel
- Consultation on Procurement Regulation in Wales
- National Outcomes Framework for Youth Work
- Proposed changes to Planning Policy Wales Chapter 6: The Historic Environment
Closing soonView all open consultations »
Section highlightEnvironment (Wales) Act 2016
The act puts in place the legislation needed to plan and manage Wales’ natural resources in a more proactive, sustainable and joined-up way.
Assembly bills »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward.Learn more »
In this section
Section highlightWelsh taxes: a conversation
Share your thoughts on a new Taxpayers’ Charter.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Research: A Strategic Monitoring Framework for the Planning System
The objectives of the research were:
- To identify a framework with which to effectively monitor the sustainable development outcomes of the planning system;
- To identify a means of using the Ecological Footprint as a composite indicator to measure the sustainable development outcomes of the planning system; and
- To explore and understand the ways in which the Ecological Footprint can be used in the planning system.
The research report has been split into a main research report and a supplementary research report. The main report contains the research and findings of objective (a), while the supplementary report provides technical information on case studies used in the main report and includes additional elements for objectives (b) and (c).
The main research report presents the findings and suggested strategic monitoring framework including the suggested list of indicators to monitor the contribution of the planning system to sustainable development.
The main research report has been used to inform public consultation on a proposed strategic monitoring framework to measure the contribution of the planning system to our vision of a sustainable Wales.
Further information on the public consultation can be found using the link to the right.