Appointment of the next Children’s Commissioner for Wales »The current Children's Commissioner's tenure will come to an end on 28 February 2015.Learn more »
A taste of Wales in London
“It is great to see our producers celebrating our patron Saint of Wales - St David and promoting their wonderful products in London. We have such a fine array of quality products here in Wales."
- St David’s Day in Dubai
- Across Wales young people find work thanks to Jobs Growth Wales
- A taste of Wales in London
- Proposals to amend existing powers to tackle waste crime and poor performing sites in the waste management industry
- Developing a Landfill Disposals Tax
- Collection and publication of fire statistics
- Talk to me 2
- Flood and Coast Investment Programme (FaCIP)
- Teacher assessment: strengthening arrangements to improve reliability, consistency and confidence
Featured consultation »Use and effectiveness of Civil Sanctions for environmental offences
31 days left
Section highlightRegulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) BillThe Bill will improve the quality of care and support in Wales and strengthen protection for citizens.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Research: A Strategic Monitoring Framework for the Planning System
The objectives of the research were:
- To identify a framework with which to effectively monitor the sustainable development outcomes of the planning system;
- To identify a means of using the Ecological Footprint as a composite indicator to measure the sustainable development outcomes of the planning system; and
- To explore and understand the ways in which the Ecological Footprint can be used in the planning system.
The research report has been split into a main research report and a supplementary research report. The main report contains the research and findings of objective (a), while the supplementary report provides technical information on case studies used in the main report and includes additional elements for objectives (b) and (c).
The main research report presents the findings and suggested strategic monitoring framework including the suggested list of indicators to monitor the contribution of the planning system to sustainable development.
The main research report has been used to inform public consultation on a proposed strategic monitoring framework to measure the contribution of the planning system to our vision of a sustainable Wales.
Further information on the public consultation can be found using the link to the right.