Wales rides the wave as Surf Snowdonia officially opens
- New system for emergency ambulance services to prioritise patients in most need of care
- Launching Saundersfoot Harbour to international success
- Wales rides the wave as Surf Snowdonia officially opens
- Draft statutory guidance on the National Training Framework on violence against women, domestic abuse and sexual violence
- Revisions to the Waste Duty of Care Code of Practice
- The Welsh Language Tribunal - Practice Directions
- Consultation on the Proposals for the Interim Agricultural Wages Order
- Developments of National Significance
Featured consultation »Prevention of Pollution (Oil Storage) (Wales) Regulations
53 days left
Section highlightThe Planning (Wales) Act 2015
The act puts in place delivery structures, processes and procedures to make Wales’ planning system fit for the 21st century.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
1st Supplementary Budget 2015-16 »
The 1st supplementary budget proposes a number of changes to the final budget for 2015-16, which was published in December 2014.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Research: A Strategic Monitoring Framework for the Planning System
The objectives of the research were:
- To identify a framework with which to effectively monitor the sustainable development outcomes of the planning system;
- To identify a means of using the Ecological Footprint as a composite indicator to measure the sustainable development outcomes of the planning system; and
- To explore and understand the ways in which the Ecological Footprint can be used in the planning system.
The research report has been split into a main research report and a supplementary research report. The main report contains the research and findings of objective (a), while the supplementary report provides technical information on case studies used in the main report and includes additional elements for objectives (b) and (c).
The main research report presents the findings and suggested strategic monitoring framework including the suggested list of indicators to monitor the contribution of the planning system to sustainable development.
The main research report has been used to inform public consultation on a proposed strategic monitoring framework to measure the contribution of the planning system to our vision of a sustainable Wales.
Further information on the public consultation can be found using the link to the right.