UK Climate Change Risk Assessment Evidence Report »The Wales report highlights the risks to our economy, communities and environment from flooding and heat.Learn more »
New £7m EU-backed investment in graduate career opportunities
A £7.3m EU-backed scheme to boost the career prospects of students from disadvantaged backgrounds has been announced.
- Children encouraged to join the Big Friendly Read this summer
- Best ambulance response times since start of pilot - all LHBs in Wales meet target for first time
Featured story »National Assembly 2016 election results
- New £7m EU-backed investment in graduate career opportunities
- A future demand-led fuel poverty scheme to succeed Welsh Government Warm Homes - Nest
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
- Welsh Language Standards – Improving services for Welsh speakers within the health sector
- There are no consultations closing within the next 10 days
Featured consultation »Improving services for Welsh speakers in the health sector
75 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Outputs, timing and measures of success
The review should deliver a report by the end of May 2012.
Outputs and timing
The review should deliver a report by the end of May 2012 that makes recommendations about:
- Options for future delivery of the planning system including a preferred approach;
- The primary and secondary legislation and policy and guidance necessary to introduce the identified options and preferred approach;
- An assessment, on an all Wales basis, of the resources necessary, in terms of staff numbers and costs, to deliver the identified options and preferred approach; and
- Any identified quick wins.
Measures of success
The success of the review will be measured against:
- Fullness and quality of evidence gathered;
- Quality of the analysis undertaken and future delivery options proposed;
- Timely publication of the review report;
- Active participation by relevant sections of the business community, regulators and central and local government and non-governmental organisations.