Proposals for the most generous student finance support package in the UK published in Wales
Proposals for the most generous student finance support package available anywhere in the UK have been published today in Wales (Tues 27th Sept).
- Health Secretary announces IPFR Review Panel
- Welsh Government announces cap on rail fares
- Proposals for the most generous student finance support package in the UK published in Wales
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Outputs, timing and measures of success
The review should deliver a report by the end of May 2012.
Outputs and timing
The review should deliver a report by the end of May 2012 that makes recommendations about:
- Options for future delivery of the planning system including a preferred approach;
- The primary and secondary legislation and policy and guidance necessary to introduce the identified options and preferred approach;
- An assessment, on an all Wales basis, of the resources necessary, in terms of staff numbers and costs, to deliver the identified options and preferred approach; and
- Any identified quick wins.
Measures of success
The success of the review will be measured against:
- Fullness and quality of evidence gathered;
- Quality of the analysis undertaken and future delivery options proposed;
- Timely publication of the review report;
- Active participation by relevant sections of the business community, regulators and central and local government and non-governmental organisations.