UK Climate Change Risk Assessment Evidence Report »The Wales report highlights the risks to our economy, communities and environment from flooding and heat.Learn more »
First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
The First Minister of Wales, Carwyn Jones has convened an extraordinary meeting of the British-Irish Council (BIC) to discuss the outcome of the EU referendum.
- Public Health Minister accepts new recommendations on Vitamin D intake
- Tourism industry ready for an EPIC summer
Featured story »National Assembly 2016 election results
- First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
- A future demand-led fuel poverty scheme to succeed Welsh Government Warm Homes - Nest
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
- Welsh Language Standards – Improving services for Welsh speakers within the health sector
- There are no consultations closing within the next 10 days
Featured consultation »Improving services for Welsh speakers in the health sector
79 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Study to Examine the Planning Application Process in Wales
The Minister for the Environment, Sustainability and Housing announced a comprehensive review of the operation of the planning application process in December 2008. The research study examines barriers to the efficient delivery of timely planning decisions and identifies good practice. It considers the whole process and the role of all the users and operators.
The Cabinet Written Statement announcing the review of the planning application process is available under the Related Links on the right of this page.
GVA Grimley have been appointed to deliver the research study, and an independent Research Steering Group have also been appointed to oversee the project. The group is made up of representatives from:
- CBI Wales;
- Federation of Small Businesses in Wales;
- Home Builders Federation;
- Royal Society for the Protection of Birds (RSPB);
- Welsh Local Government Association;
- Planning Officer Society Wales;
- Planning Aid Wales;
- Advisory Panel on Standards for the Planning Inspectorate;
- Royal Town Planning Institute Cymru; and
- Welsh Assembly Government.
More information about the members of the Group is provided in a press notice issued on 26 August 2009. This press release is available under the Related Links on the right of this page.
The Research Steering Group is a ‘task and finish’ advisory group. It was created to monitor progress and provide guidance on objectives, output and information needs on technical or procedural issues that arise in the research project. The group met regularly during the project.
Papers relating to the Research Project and from the Research Steering Group meetings are available under the ‘Papers’ link on the left of this page.
The completed Research Study and its Executive Summary, and our Response to its recommendations is available under the Related Links on the right of this page.