Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Our special relationship must boost trade and remove barriers - First Minister’s message ahead of United States visit
First Minister of Wales Carwyn Jones is travelling to America today to meet with political representatives and business leaders in Washington and New York.
- Welsh Government flies the flag for Wales in celebration of St David’s Day
- Valleys Taskforce rolls into town
- Our special relationship must boost trade and remove barriers - First Minister’s message ahead of United States visit
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
National Development Framework for Wales
The Planning Directorate has begun work on the production of a National Development Framework (NDF). The NDF will set out a 20 year land use framework for Wales and will replace the current Wales Spatial Plan.
The NDF will:
- set out where nationally important growth and infrastructure is needed and how the planning system - nationally, regionally and locally - can deliver it
- provide direction for Strategic and Local Development Plans and support the determination of Developments of National Significance
- sit alongside Planning Policy Wales, which sets out the Welsh Government’s planning policies and will continue to provide the context for land use planning
- support national economic, transport, environmental, housing, energy and cultural strategies and ensure they can be delivered through the planning system
- be reviewed every 5 years
For more information about the NDF and its progress, or how you can contribute:
Telephone: 0300 025 3744 or 0300 025 6657