Train / Work / Live – First Minister of Wales launches major new GP recruitment campaign
A major new campaign to promote Wales as an excellent place for doctors, including GPs, and their families, to train, work and live has been launched by First Minister of Wales, Carwyn Jones.
- ‘Positive parenting’ campaign set to hit the big screen
- £1m investment for clean sheets in NHS Wales
- Train / Work / Live – First Minister of Wales launches major new GP recruitment campaign
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Draft Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
The 2008 Planning Act
You can view the Act on the Parliament website.
Visit: The 2008 Planning Act (pdf, external link)
The Welsh Assembly Government has secured provisions in the Planning Act to:
- give the National Assembly for Wales legislative powers in relation to plans covering the development and use of land in Wales; and
- allow the Welsh Assembly Government to improve the development control system in Wales following consultation.
Details of more planning issues relating to Wales are in the Cabinet Written Statement issued on 17th July 2008. The written statement is available on the right of this page.
Further guidance on the relevant parts of the Act was issued to local planning authorities by the Chief Planning Officer on Thursday 2 April 2009. The relevant papers are below.