Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
New EU project to enhance coastal infrastructure in Wales and Ireland
Universities in Wales and Ireland are joining forces to investigate how coastal defences and renewable energy schemes can be improved by more eco-friendly designs.
- Welsh Government seeks innovative ideas to tackle childhood obesity with healthier and cheaper food choices
- Welsh team set to compete at Special Olympics, thanks to Welsh Government and Disability Sport Wales funding
- New EU project to enhance coastal infrastructure in Wales and Ireland
In this section
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
The 2008 Planning Act
You can view the Act on the Parliament website.
Visit: The 2008 Planning Act (pdf, external link)
The Welsh Assembly Government has secured provisions in the Planning Act to:
- give the National Assembly for Wales legislative powers in relation to plans covering the development and use of land in Wales; and
- allow the Welsh Assembly Government to improve the development control system in Wales following consultation.
Details of more planning issues relating to Wales are in the Cabinet Written Statement issued on 17th July 2008. The written statement is available on the right of this page.
Further guidance on the relevant parts of the Act was issued to local planning authorities by the Chief Planning Officer on Thursday 2 April 2009. The relevant papers are below.