UK Climate Change Risk Assessment Evidence Report »The Wales report highlights the risks to our economy, communities and environment from flooding and heat.Learn more »
First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
The First Minister of Wales, Carwyn Jones has convened an extraordinary meeting of the British-Irish Council (BIC) to discuss the outcome of the EU referendum.
- Public Health Minister accepts new recommendations on Vitamin D intake
- Tourism industry ready for an EPIC summer
Featured story »National Assembly 2016 election results
- First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
- Welsh Language Standards – Improving services for Welsh speakers within the health sector
- Proposed Technical Advice Note (TAN) 24: The Historic Environment
- There are no consultations closing within the next 10 days
Featured consultation »Proposed technical advice note 24: The historic environment
70 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
The 2008 Planning Act
You can view the Act on the Parliament website.
Visit: The 2008 Planning Act (pdf, external link)
The Welsh Assembly Government has secured provisions in the Planning Act to:
- give the National Assembly for Wales legislative powers in relation to plans covering the development and use of land in Wales; and
- allow the Welsh Assembly Government to improve the development control system in Wales following consultation.
Details of more planning issues relating to Wales are in the Cabinet Written Statement issued on 17th July 2008. The written statement is available on the right of this page.
Further guidance on the relevant parts of the Act was issued to local planning authorities by the Chief Planning Officer on Thursday 2 April 2009. The relevant papers are below.