Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Important archive of the Somerset family, Barons Raglan accepted for the nation
A remarkable family archive, containing an important series of letters by Arthur, 1st Duke of Wellington, to his brother William will be coming to Gwent, Economy Secretary, Ken Skates, has announced.
- More GP surgeries in Wales are open for longer
- Right to Buy suspended in Flintshire
- Important archive of the Somerset family, Barons Raglan accepted for the nation
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
The 2008 Planning Act
You can view the Act on the Parliament website.
Visit: The 2008 Planning Act (pdf, external link)
The Welsh Assembly Government has secured provisions in the Planning Act to:
- give the National Assembly for Wales legislative powers in relation to plans covering the development and use of land in Wales; and
- allow the Welsh Assembly Government to improve the development control system in Wales following consultation.
Details of more planning issues relating to Wales are in the Cabinet Written Statement issued on 17th July 2008. The written statement is available on the right of this page.
Further guidance on the relevant parts of the Act was issued to local planning authorities by the Chief Planning Officer on Thursday 2 April 2009. The relevant papers are below.