Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Over £1m of Welsh Government funding helps children get a Flying Start
Over £1m of Welsh Government funding has been allocated to 33 Flying Start projects across Wales to help them improve their facilities, Carl Sargeant announced today.
- Swansea based Oyster Bay Systems expands and set to create 19 new jobs with Welsh Government support
- Welsh Government to invest over £2m to develop Welsh ports
- Over £1m of Welsh Government funding helps children get a Flying Start
In this section
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.
Positive Planning Implementation Plan
We are implementing a programme of improvements to support and deliver a positive, enabling and resilient planning system for Wales, using both legislative and non-legislative means.
The Planning (Wales) Act 2015 (‘the act’) puts in place a foundation to deliver our improvement programme for the planning system. This will be supported by changes to secondary legislation, policy and guidance. We will also introduce measures to support culture change.
The act sets out the general principles and framework of the new law. It also grants powers to make commencement orders for the purpose of bringing some provisions into force. The act also requires that some powers enabling the full detail of the law be set out in secondary legislation, whether by order or by regulations. The act requires a significant amount of secondary legislation to give effect and detail to the laws it contains.
This implementation plan:
- pulls together the various items of supporting secondary legislation, improvement projects and programmes being delivered by the Government in pursuing its positive planning agenda
- sets out our priorities and timescales for delivery for the remaining Assembly term, and an indication of timescales post May 2016, which will be subject to ratification by the next Welsh Government.