Successful prosecutions for scallop fishing offences »We take seriously our responsibility for managing and protecting Welsh seas and all our natural resources.Learn more »
Congratulations to GCSE pupils on results day - Kirsty Williams
The Education Secretary Kirsty Williams has offered her congratulations to students across Wales celebrating their GCSE and Welsh Baccalaureate results today.
- Recycling in Wales reaches record high
- Stellar team poised ready to recognise Welsh heroes
- Congratulations to GCSE pupils on results day - Kirsty Williams
- Proposed changes to how Environmental Impact Assessment applies to Town and Country Planning
- National Strategy on Violence Against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence - A framework for delivery 2016 - 2021
- Establishment of a Flood and Coastal Erosion Committee
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
Featured consultation »Welsh Language Strategy: A million Welsh speakers by 2050
64 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Planning Question & Answers
These frequently asked questions will try to clearly explain planning applications, planning decisions, when and how the Minister can intervene, conduct, complaints and enforcement.
The questions in the pages below cover the following areas:
- Child minding and the Planning System
- Householder Permitted Development Rights
- Applications for Non-Material Amendments to an existing permission (NMA applications)
- Making planning applications
- Ministerial intervention - Call in and departure
- Conduct and complaints
- The Standard Application Form (‘1APP’)
Frequently asked questions about how town and country planning applies to child care, including carrying out a child minding business from home.
Responses to technical questions about changes to Householder Permitted Development Rights that came into force on 30 September 2013.
Two frequently asked questions about non-material amendment applications.
Frequently asked questions about planning permission, development plans, objecting to planning permission and environmental impact assessment.
Six frequently asked questions about how and when the Minister can intervene in planning matters in Wales.
Three frequently asked questions about enforcing the planning system in Wales.
Four frequently asked questions about planning decisions and appeals.
Seven frequently asked questions about the conduct of Local Planning Authorities and how to complain about planning matters.
Why and when the 1app form is needed and how to get more information.