Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Welsh Government introduces Bill to challenge UK Government’s “damaging and divisive” Trade Union Act
A Bill reversing the effect of the UK Government’s Trade Union Act is expected to be introduced in the National Assembly for Wales today.
- Over £31m to improve health services for mothers and babies
- Cerys Matthews and Iwan Rheon named as Year of Legends Ambassadors
Featured Article »£40m available for research and innovation proposals
- Welsh Government introduces Bill to challenge UK Government’s “damaging and divisive” Trade Union Act
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Competent persons schemes
This is an alternative to submitting a building notice or using an approved inspector.
- enhances compliance with the Building Regulations
- reduces costs for firms joining recognised schemes
- promotes training and competence within the industry
- should help tackle 'cowboy builders'
- assists local authorities enforce the Regulations.
Since 31 December 2011, we authorise Competent Persons Schemes in Wales.
New conditions of authorisation, including United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS) accreditation, for all competent persons schemes in Wales was published in April 2016.
The conditions of authorisation is the same as adopted in England to provide continuity, value for money and security for scheme operators, members and customers in both countries.
A Competent Person must be registered with a scheme that has been approved by the Government. You can find a Competent Persons Scheme by visiting the Competent Person Register website (external link). The Register represents the contractors in the building services industry that have been assessed. They can self-certify their work meets the building regulations.
Below is a list of the current Competent Persons Scheme operators.
If you need any further advice or help you can contact us by:
Telephone: 0300 062 8535 / 0300 062 8232