Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Wales’ links with the Middle East set to reach new heights
First Minister Carwyn Jones is in Doha to develop Wales’ economic relationship with Qatar.
- Supporting midwives to support women in pregnancy and childbirth
- Health Secretary Vaughan Gething announces all-Wales PrEP trial
- Wales’ links with the Middle East set to reach new heights
In this section
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Competent persons schemes
This is an alternative to submitting a building notice or using an approved inspector.
- enhances compliance with the Building Regulations
- reduces costs for firms joining recognised schemes
- promotes training and competence within the industry
- should help tackle 'cowboy builders'
- assists local authorities enforce the Regulations.
Since 31 December 2011, we authorise Competent Persons Schemes in Wales.
New conditions of authorisation, including United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS) accreditation, for all competent persons schemes in Wales was published in April 2016.
The conditions of authorisation is the same as adopted in England to provide continuity, value for money and security for scheme operators, members and customers in both countries.
A Competent Person must be registered with a scheme that has been approved by the Government. You can find a Competent Persons Scheme by visiting the Competent Person Register website (external link). The Register represents the contractors in the building services industry that have been assessed. They can self-certify their work meets the building regulations.
Below is a list of the current Competent Persons Scheme operators.
If you need any further advice or help you can contact us by:
Telephone: 0300 062 8535 / 0300 062 8232