Successful prosecutions for scallop fishing offences »We take seriously our responsibility for managing and protecting Welsh seas and all our natural resources.Learn more »
Congratulations to GCSE pupils on results day - Kirsty Williams
The Education Secretary Kirsty Williams has offered her congratulations to students across Wales celebrating their GCSE and Welsh Baccalaureate results today.
- Recycling in Wales reaches record high
- Stellar team poised ready to recognise Welsh heroes
- Congratulations to GCSE pupils on results day - Kirsty Williams
- Proposed changes to how Environmental Impact Assessment applies to Town and Country Planning
- National Strategy on Violence Against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence - A framework for delivery 2016 - 2021
- Establishment of a Flood and Coastal Erosion Committee
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
Featured consultation »Welsh Language Strategy: A million Welsh speakers by 2050
67 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Building Regulations Advisory Committee for Wales
We must consult the Building Regulations Advisory Committee for Wales when proposing changes to Building Regulations and related processes.
From 31 December 2011 the Welsh Government took on the responsibility for making and amending building regulations in Wales. Under section 14(5) of the Building Act 1984 the Welsh Ministers have a duty to appoint a Building Regulations Advisory Committee (BRACW).
The role of BRACW is to advise the Welsh Ministers on the making and amending of building regulations, and on other related matters in Wales. Members are appointed on a voluntary independent basis to represent particular areas/fields of expertise and experience.
The Chair of BRACW provides leadership for the committee and also brings similar skills and expertise as those required by the member posts. Members bring a range of skills and experience related to building and construction including architecture, consumer issues, building control, the needs of disabled people, property owners and sustainability.
For queries relating to BRACW, contact:
Telephone: 03000 628 144