First Minister announces major investment for steel in Wales
First Minister Carwyn Jones has announced the next tranche in a series of major investments as part of an ongoing programme of support to secure the long term future of the Tata steel works in Wales.
- Attainment gap for those on free school meals closes again
- Significant fall in diagnostics and therapy waits in Wales
Featured Article »£40m available for research and innovation proposals
- First Minister announces major investment for steel in Wales
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Draft Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
- Achievement and entitlement to free school meals
- Delayed transfers of care
- Evaluation of the Foundation Phase Flexibility Pilot Scheme
- Farm incomes
- NHS diagnostic and therapy service waiting times
- Process evaluation of the Parents, Childcare and Employment (PaCE) Project
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Older People's Commissioner
Sarah Rochira is the Commissioner for Older People in Wales.
The Commissioner ensures that the interests of people aged 60 and over in Wales are safeguarded and promoted.
The Commissioner is a source of information, advocacy and support for older people in Wales and their representatives.
Website: Older People's Commissioner for Wales (external link)
See the Older People's Commissioner's Annual Report (external link) outlining her work and progress made.