Minister celebrates construction of three new Torfaen Primaries
Education Minister, Huw Lewis will be in Torfaen today to celebrate the beginning of construction at three new local Primary schools.
- Deputy Minister launches partnership programme to boost pupil prospects
- Ban on smoking in cars carrying children begins
Featured Article »Celebrating success in the creative and arts sectors in Wales
- Minister celebrates construction of three new Torfaen Primaries
- A call for proposals on a migrant Roma strategy for Wales
- Draft Statutory Guidance on Multi-Agency Collaboration in respect of violence against women, domestic abuse and sexual violence
- A framework for managing the night time economy in Wales
- Fire and Rescue National Framework 2016 onwards
- Charging guidance to Ofwat (the economic regulator of the water sector)
- Care and Support (Business Failure) (Wales) Regulations 2015 and the Care and Support (Provision of Health Services) (Wales) Regulations 2015, stemming from the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014
Section highlightThe Planning (Wales) Act 2015
The act puts in place delivery structures, processes and procedures to make Wales’ planning system fit for the 21st century.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
1st Supplementary Budget 2015-16 »
The 1st supplementary budget proposes a number of changes to the final budget for 2015-16, which was published in December 2014.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
We implement a number of measures that aim to reduce the harm caused by substance misuse.
Our approach is aimed at tackling the full range of substances that are misused in Wales, covering:
- illegal drugs such as heroin, cocaine, ecstasy, amphetamines, LSD and cannabis
- prescription only medicines (POM) such as anabolic steroids and benzodiazepines
- over the counter medicines (OTC) such as preparations containing codeine
- volatile substances such as aerosol propellants, butane, solvents and glues.
All Wales drug and alcohol helpline
DAN 24/7 is the bilingual all-Wales drug and alcohol helpline. It is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and calls from UK landlines are free (some mobile phone networks may charge).
Visit Dan 24/7 (external link) for more information.
Our Strategy: Working together to reduce harm
'Working Together to Reduce Harm' is our 10 year plan to tackle the problems caused by drugs and alcohol in Wales. Published in 2008, it sets out a clear national programme for tackling and reducing the harms associated with substance misuse.
It is structured around four action areas:
- preventing harm
- supporting substance misusers
- supporting families
- tackling availability and protecting individuals and communities.
If you have any queries regarding substance misuse in Wales, please contact our mailbox: email@example.com