Successful prosecutions for scallop fishing offences »We take seriously our responsibility for managing and protecting Welsh seas and all our natural resources.Learn more »
Taking Wales forward: Ministers “hit the ground running” during the first 100 days in office – First Minister
The Welsh Government has “hit the ground running” during its first 100 days as it delivers its ambitious programme of building a united, connected and sustainable Wales, Carwyn Jones has said.
- Congratulations to GCSE pupils on results day - Kirsty Williams
- Recycling in Wales reaches record high
- Taking Wales forward: Ministers “hit the ground running” during the first 100 days in office – First Minister
- Proposed changes to how Environmental Impact Assessment applies to Town and Country Planning
- National Strategy on Violence Against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence - A framework for delivery 2016 - 2021
- Establishment of a Flood and Coastal Erosion Committee
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
Featured consultation »Proposed changes to how environmental impact assessment applies to town and country planning
73 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
We implement a number of measures that aim to reduce the harm caused by substance misuse.
Our approach is aimed at tackling the full range of substances that are misused in Wales, covering:
- illegal drugs such as heroin, cocaine, ecstasy, amphetamines, LSD and cannabis
- prescription only medicines (POM) such as anabolic steroids and benzodiazepines
- over the counter medicines (OTC) such as preparations containing codeine
- volatile substances such as aerosol propellants, butane, solvents and glues.
All Wales drug and alcohol helpline
DAN 24/7 is the bilingual all-Wales drug and alcohol helpline. It is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and calls from UK landlines are free (some mobile phone networks may charge).
Visit Dan 24/7 (external link) for more information.
Our Strategy: Working together to reduce harm
'Working Together to Reduce Harm' is our 10 year plan to tackle the problems caused by drugs and alcohol in Wales. Published in 2008, it sets out a clear national programme for tackling and reducing the harms associated with substance misuse.
It is structured around four action areas:
- preventing harm
- supporting substance misusers
- supporting families
- tackling availability and protecting individuals and communities.
If you have any queries regarding substance misuse in Wales, please contact our mailbox: firstname.lastname@example.org