Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Supporting midwives to support women in pregnancy and childbirth
A new model of clinical supervision for midwives in Wales was launched by Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) Professor Jean White.
- Health Secretary Vaughan Gething announces all-Wales PrEP trial
- Ken Skates keen to explore further A55 improvements
- Supporting midwives to support women in pregnancy and childbirth
In this section
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
We implement a number of measures that aim to reduce the harm caused by substance misuse.
Our approach is aimed at tackling the full range of substances that are misused in Wales, covering:
- illegal drugs such as heroin, cocaine, ecstasy, amphetamines, LSD and cannabis
- prescription only medicines (POM) such as anabolic steroids and benzodiazepines
- over the counter medicines (OTC) such as preparations containing codeine
- volatile substances such as aerosol propellants, butane, solvents and glues.
All Wales drug and alcohol helpline
DAN 24/7 is the bilingual all-Wales drug and alcohol helpline. It is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and calls from UK landlines are free (some mobile phone networks may charge).
Visit Dan 24/7 (external link) for more information.
Our Strategy: Working together to reduce harm
'Working Together to Reduce Harm' is our 10 year plan to tackle the problems caused by drugs and alcohol in Wales. Published in 2008, it sets out a clear national programme for tackling and reducing the harms associated with substance misuse.
It is structured around four action areas:
- preventing harm
- supporting substance misusers
- supporting families
- tackling availability and protecting individuals and communities.
If you have any queries regarding substance misuse in Wales, please contact our mailbox: email@example.com