Wales rides the wave as Surf Snowdonia officially opens
The opening of Surf Snowdonia in Dolgarrog in the Conwy Valley this Saturday gives Wales another iconic adventure tourism attraction and makes it an adventure destination to rival any in the world.
- New system for emergency ambulance services to prioritise patients in most need of care
- Launching Saundersfoot Harbour to international success
- Wales rides the wave as Surf Snowdonia officially opens
- Draft statutory guidance on the National Training Framework on violence against women, domestic abuse and sexual violence
- Revisions to the Waste Duty of Care Code of Practice
- The Welsh Language Tribunal - Practice Directions
- Consultation on the Proposals for the Interim Agricultural Wages Order
- Developments of National Significance
Featured consultation »Prevention of Pollution (Oil Storage) (Wales) Regulations
53 days left
Section highlightThe Planning (Wales) Act 2015
The act puts in place delivery structures, processes and procedures to make Wales’ planning system fit for the 21st century.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
1st Supplementary Budget 2015-16 »
The 1st supplementary budget proposes a number of changes to the final budget for 2015-16, which was published in December 2014.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Review of the Role and Functions of Elected Members
Tell us if you want any of the documents on this page in an alternative format.
This report sets out the key findings from an extensive programme of qualitative research carried out on behalf of the Welsh Government to review the role and functions of elected members in local authorities in Wales.
The purpose of this report is to:
- provide Assembly Ministers and officials with a view of the effectiveness and efficiency of councillors in conducting their functions within the modern political structures introduced by the Local Government Act 2000
- suggest any improvements which might be considered for the operation of scrutiny functions in local government
- make proposals about the appropriate numbers of councillors within the county and county borough councils.