Appointment of the next Children’s Commissioner for Wales »The current Children's Commissioner's tenure will come to an end on 28 February 2015.Learn more »
£17m EU-backed project to support Welsh job-seekers announced at St David's Day reception in Brussels
Finance Minister, Jane Hutt, has announced a £10 million EU investment for a £17 million initiative to help people affected by redundancy back into work.
- 56% of food businesses in Wales get top food hygiene ratings
- Support for Wales YFC announced
- £17m EU-backed project to support Welsh job-seekers announced at St David's Day reception in Brussels
- Proposed changes to homelessness data collections
- Proposals to amend existing powers to tackle waste crime and poor performing sites in the waste management industry
- Developing a Landfill Disposals Tax
- Talk to me 2
- Flood and Coast Investment Programme (FaCIP)
- Teacher assessment: strengthening arrangements to improve reliability, consistency and confidence
Featured consultation »Use and effectiveness of Civil Sanctions for environmental offences
26 days left
Section highlightRegulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) BillThe Bill will improve the quality of care and support in Wales and strengthen protection for citizens.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Good research helps us understand what works and why it works. With this knowledge we can develop better ways of tackling the difficult issues present in Wales.
Our research is produced in three different ways, these are by:
- organisations receiving a grant from us to produce research based on topics they have proposed (New Ideas Fund)
- organisations commissioned and paid by us to produce research on topics we have defined (commissioned)
- employees of the Welsh Government (in-house).
Report focusing on scrutiny within local government.
The Wales Audit Office has been commissioned to undertake research into Welsh Local Government's use of unsupported borrowing and reserves.
Alternative Resource Allocation Models for Local Services in Wales.
This report sets out the key findings from an extensive programme of qualitative research carried out on behalf of the Welsh Government to review the role and functions of elected members in local authorities in Wales.
This paper provides a summary of the responses to the consultation on the research study into the role, functions and future potential of community and town councils in Wales, and the Welsh Government’s response to the researchers’ recommendations.