Proposals for the most generous student finance support package in the UK published in Wales
Proposals for the most generous student finance support package available anywhere in the UK have been published today in Wales (Tues 27th Sept).
- Landlords have 8 weeks to register with Rent Smart Wales
- First Minister leads first meeting of EU Advisory Group
- Proposals for the most generous student finance support package in the UK published in Wales
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Good research helps us understand what works and why it works. With this knowledge we can develop better ways of tackling the difficult issues present in Wales.
Our research is produced in three different ways, these are by:
- organisations receiving a grant from us to produce research based on topics they have proposed (New Ideas Fund)
- organisations commissioned and paid by us to produce research on topics we have defined (commissioned)
- employees of the Welsh Government (in-house).
The report examines the reforms introduced in three areas: the structural changes introducing the new role of Head of Democratic Services (HDS); the changes supporting members and the changes to improve public accessibility.
Report focusing on scrutiny within local government.
The Wales Audit Office has been commissioned to undertake research into Welsh Local Government's use of unsupported borrowing and reserves.
Alternative Resource Allocation Models for Local Services in Wales.
This report sets out the key findings from an extensive programme of qualitative research carried out on behalf of the Welsh Government to review the role and functions of elected members in local authorities in Wales.
This paper provides a summary of the responses to the consultation on the research study into the role, functions and future potential of community and town councils in Wales, and the Welsh Government’s response to the researchers’ recommendations.