Action packed August Bank Holiday
The waters of Cardiff bay will be full of action this weekend as the last summer bank holiday gets underway with the P1 Welsh Grand Prix of the Sea.
- Secondary School attendance levels at record high
- £5.7m Welsh Government investment into clinical research and development
- Action packed August Bank Holiday
- Review of the Water Resources (Control of Pollution) (Silage, Slurry and Agricultural Fuel Oil) (Wales) Regulations 2010
- Charging guidance to Ofwat (the economic regulator of the water sector)
- Food Hygiene Rating (Promotion of Food Hygiene Ratings)(Wales) Regulations
- The development of an energy efficiency strategy for Wales
- Welsh Government action plan to further equality for transgender people
- Secondary legislation for development management
Section highlightThe Planning (Wales) Act 2015
The act puts in place delivery structures, processes and procedures to make Wales’ planning system fit for the 21st century.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
1st Supplementary Budget 2015-16 »
The 1st supplementary budget proposes a number of changes to the final budget for 2015-16, which was published in December 2014.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Good research helps us understand what works and why it works. With this knowledge we can develop better ways of tackling the difficult issues present in Wales.
Our research is produced in three different ways, these are by:
- organisations receiving a grant from us to produce research based on topics they have proposed (New Ideas Fund)
- organisations commissioned and paid by us to produce research on topics we have defined (commissioned)
- employees of the Welsh Government (in-house).
The report examines the reforms introduced in three areas: the structural changes introducing the new role of Head of Democratic Services (HDS); the changes supporting members and the changes to improve public accessibility.
Report focusing on scrutiny within local government.
The Wales Audit Office has been commissioned to undertake research into Welsh Local Government's use of unsupported borrowing and reserves.
Alternative Resource Allocation Models for Local Services in Wales.
This report sets out the key findings from an extensive programme of qualitative research carried out on behalf of the Welsh Government to review the role and functions of elected members in local authorities in Wales.
This paper provides a summary of the responses to the consultation on the research study into the role, functions and future potential of community and town councils in Wales, and the Welsh Government’s response to the researchers’ recommendations.