Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Chinese health and nurtraceutical group to open European HQ, R&D and manufacturing centre in Wales
Acerchem International a leading Chinese health and nutraceutical group is to establish its European HQ and R&D and manufacturing centre in Wales.
- New EU project to help grow the fisheries industry in Wales and Ireland
- Three quarters of a million pounds for Little Haven flood alleviation scheme
- Chinese health and nurtraceutical group to open European HQ, R&D and manufacturing centre in Wales
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.
Local Government (Wales) Measure 2011
The Measure will make changes intended to strengthen the structures and working of local government in Wales at all levels and to ensure that local councils reach out to and engage with all sectors of the communities they serve.
The Measure will:
- help broaden and increase participation in local government;
- improve the governance structures of local government in Wales;
- strengthen the role of non-executive (“backbench”) councillors;
- develop the role of community councils in Wales;
- reform the system for remunerating councillors; and
- provide the Welsh Ministers with an order-making power to amalgamate up to three local authorities.
The Local Government (Wales) Measure 2011 (as approved) is available on the Legislation.gov website.
The document below explains the purpose of the measure and sets out what each section and schedule will do.