Train / Work / Live – First Minister of Wales launches major new GP recruitment campaign
- ‘Positive parenting’ campaign set to hit the big screen
- £1m investment for clean sheets in NHS Wales
- Train / Work / Live – First Minister of Wales launches major new GP recruitment campaign
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Draft Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Local Government (Wales) Measure 2011
The Measure will make changes intended to strengthen the structures and working of local government in Wales at all levels and to ensure that local councils reach out to and engage with all sectors of the communities they serve.
The Measure will:
- help broaden and increase participation in local government;
- improve the governance structures of local government in Wales;
- strengthen the role of non-executive (“backbench”) councillors;
- develop the role of community councils in Wales;
- reform the system for remunerating councillors; and
- provide the Welsh Ministers with an order-making power to amalgamate up to three local authorities.
The Local Government (Wales) Measure 2011 (as approved) is available on the Legislation.gov website.
The document below explains the purpose of the measure and sets out what each section and schedule will do.