Progress on major health conditions delivery plans »We remain committed to ensuring that quality improvement remains at the centre of our approach for the future of NHS Wales.
£36m EU-backed investment in research and innovation for Welsh business
A new £36m EU-backed scheme to develop post-graduate research and innovation skills in partnership with small and medium-sized businesses has been announced by the First Minister
- Taking Wales Forward
- Statement by the First Minister of Wales: Moving Wales Forward
- £36m EU-backed investment in research and innovation for Welsh business
- Consultation on Procurement Regulation in Wales
- National Outcomes Framework for Youth Work
- Proposed changes to Planning Policy Wales Chapter 6: The Historic Environment
- Building Regulations Sustainability Review
- Support for foundation years
- Support for postgraduate study and part-time engineering, technology or computer science degrees
Section highlightEnvironment (Wales) Act 2016
The act puts in place the legislation needed to plan and manage Wales’ natural resources in a more proactive, sustainable and joined-up way.
Assembly bills »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward.Learn more »
Section highlightWelsh taxes: a conversation
Share your thoughts on a new Taxpayers’ Charter.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Local Government Settlement
The Welsh Government provides around 80% of the money allocated to local authorities in Wales.
This funding is known as the Revenue Support Grant and non-domestic rates and is distributed on the basis of a needs based formula. A joint Welsh Government and local authority working group, called the Distribution Sub Group is responsible for ensuring the formula is reviewed regularly.
Other local authority funding is raised locally in the form of council tax which is set by each authority as part of its annual budget setting process.
In addition, local authorities are able to apply for additional funding through Welsh Government grant programmes.