150 year bond with Patagonia strong and lasting says First Minister
In 1865, nearly 160 settlers boarded the Mimosa to settle along the coast of Chubut Province in Patagonia.
- First Minister launches new Young Persons Discounted Travel Scheme and upgraded TrawsCymru T3 Service
- Deputy Minister celebrates Welsh EU Protected Food Names at Royal Welsh Show ceremony
- 150 year bond with Patagonia strong and lasting says First Minister
- The Welsh Language Tribunal - Practice Directions
- Fire and Rescue National Framework 2016 onwards
- Draft Public Health (Minimum Price for Alcohol) Bill
- Healthcare Inspectorate Wales - Strategic Plan 2015-18
- Statutory Guidance about sewerage undertakers duty to connect properties to the public sewerage system ( under Section 101A of the Water Industry Act 1991)
- Draft revised guidance on disciplinary and dismissal procedures for school staff
Featured consultation »Draft Additional Learning Needs and Education Tribunal (Wales) Bill
144 days left
Section highlightThe Planning (Wales) Act 2015
The act puts in place delivery structures, processes and procedures to make Wales’ planning system fit for the 21st century.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
1st Supplementary Budget 2015-16 »
The 1st supplementary budget proposes a number of changes to the final budget for 2015-16, which was published in December 2014.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Local Government Settlement
The Welsh Government provides around 80% of the money allocated to local authorities in Wales.
This funding is known as the Revenue Support Grant and non-domestic rates and is distributed on the basis of a needs based formula. A joint Welsh Government and local authority working group, called the Distribution Sub Group is responsible for ensuring the formula is reviewed regularly.
Other local authority funding is raised locally in the form of council tax which is set by each authority as part of its annual budget setting process.
In addition, local authorities are able to apply for additional funding through Welsh Government grant programmes.