Appointment of the next Children’s Commissioner for Wales »The current Children's Commissioner's tenure will come to an end on 28 February 2015.Learn more »
Minister announces education policies to support the VAWDASV (Wales) Bill
Leighton Andrews has outlined a comprehensive set of education measures to tackle violence against women, domestic abuse and sexual violence in a written statement today.
- Pennsylvania-based Aerospace Company expands in Deeside
- Minister says fire statistics show there is no room for complacency
- Minister announces education policies to support the VAWDASV (Wales) Bill
- Proposals to amend existing powers to tackle waste crime and poor performing sites in the waste management industry
- Developing a Landfill Disposals Tax
- Collection and publication of fire statistics
- Talk to me 2
- Flood and Coast Investment Programme (FaCIP)
- Teacher assessment: strengthening arrangements to improve reliability, consistency and confidence
Featured consultation »Use and effectiveness of Civil Sanctions for environmental offences
31 days left
Section highlightRegulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) BillThe Bill will improve the quality of care and support in Wales and strengthen protection for citizens.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Police Settlement 2011-12
1. Provisional Police settlement 2011-12
The Provisional Police settlement phase intitiates a consultation exercise involving the four Welsh Police Authorities. Responses to the consultation are considered before agreeing the final settlement.
The Provisional Police Settlement Letter to Clerks and Treasurers of Police Authorities in Wales sets out the details of the provisional Police revenue settlement for 2011-12. It also initiates the consultation exercise.
The Local Government Finance Report 2011-2012 (Provisional Settlement - Police Authorities) is made in accordance with the requirements of the Local Government Finance Act 1988. It sets out how much revenue support grant (RSG) the National Assembly for Wales proposes to distribute to police authorities in 2011-12. The report also sets out how Non-Domestic Rates (NDR) will be distributed to police authorities.
2. Final Police Settlement 2011-12
The Final Police Settlement 2011-12 sets out information for police authorities to set their budgets and council tax precepts for 2011-12.