Progress on major health conditions delivery plans »We remain committed to ensuring that quality improvement remains at the centre of our approach for the future of NHS Wales.
£45m EU-backed investment to raise skills across South Wales
- Emergency ambulance response continues to improve
- £36m EU-backed investment in research and innovation for Welsh business
- £45m EU-backed investment to raise skills across South Wales
- Consultation on Procurement Regulation in Wales
- National Outcomes Framework for Youth Work
- Proposed changes to Planning Policy Wales Chapter 6: The Historic Environment
- Building Regulations Sustainability Review
- Support for foundation years
- Support for postgraduate study and part-time engineering, technology or computer science degrees
Section highlightEnvironment (Wales) Act 2016
The act puts in place the legislation needed to plan and manage Wales’ natural resources in a more proactive, sustainable and joined-up way.
Assembly bills »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward.Learn more »
Section highlightWelsh taxes: a conversation
Share your thoughts on a new Taxpayers’ Charter.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Policy responsibility for the police service in Wales is non-devolved and rests with the Home Office. However funding for police forces is provided through a three-way arrangement between the Home Office, the Welsh Government and council tax payers.
In the past, the level of support provided to police forces was a straight split between Police Grant and Standard Spending Assessments. In recent years, England has operated a scheme of floors and ceilings (minimum and maximum increases). Under these arrangements, the Home Office has provided the balance of funding required for increases for police forces in Wales to reach the floor if required.
The following pages set out the funding that has been provided through the annual settlement for police forces in Wales since 2011-12.