Energy Wales Statement »The energy system in Wales is on the threshold of great change driven by new energy, technology and low carbon energy transition objectives.Learn more »
New service to help people across Wales save on energy, waste and water
The Welsh Government has launched a marketing campaign to urge the public to contact the Welsh Government’s Resource Efficient Wales helpline.
- Plan unveiled to signpost visitors to Welsh culinary gems
- Ground-breaking Acts receive Royal Assent
- New service to help people across Wales save on energy, waste and water
- Welsh Government Draft Equality Objectives for 2016-2020
- Future arrangements for the Welsh Government’s Equality and Inclusion Programme for 2017-2020
- Consultation on guidance for commissioning substance misuse services
- Raising the ambitions and educational attainment of children who are looked after in Wales
- Proposals to amend existing powers to tackle waste crime and poor performing sites in the waste management industry
- Tax devolution in Wales - Consultation on a Land Transaction Tax
Section highlightRegulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) BillThe Bill will improve the quality of care and support in Wales and strengthen protection for citizens.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Business Rates Wales Review
The Task and Finish Group chaired by Professor Brian Morgan, Professor of Entrepreneurship at Cardiff Metropolitan University was set up last year.
It was tasked at examining how the business rate regime in Wales could be used to encourage economic development and growth. The Minister for Business, Enterprise, Technology and Science published the final report of the Task and Finish Group in June 2012.
The final report contained 19 principal recommendations covering an array of issues relating to business rates in Wales. The Minister for Business, Enterprise, Technology and Science asked Professor Brian Morgan to discuss the recommendations and gather feedback from businesses and other key stakeholders including the Enterprise Zone Chairs and Sector Panels during Summer 2012.
Our response to the review
In October 2012, the Welsh Government produced its response to the Review.