First Minister announces major investment for steel in Wales
First Minister Carwyn Jones has announced the next tranche in a series of major investments as part of an ongoing programme of support to secure the long term future of the Tata steel works in Wales.
- Attainment gap for those on free school meals closes again
- Significant fall in diagnostics and therapy waits in Wales
Featured Article »£40m available for research and innovation proposals
- First Minister announces major investment for steel in Wales
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Draft Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
- Achievement and entitlement to free school meals
- Delayed transfers of care
- Evaluation of the Foundation Phase Flexibility Pilot Scheme
- Farm incomes
- NHS diagnostic and therapy service waiting times
- Process evaluation of the Parents, Childcare and Employment (PaCE) Project
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Business Rates Wales Review
The Task and Finish Group chaired by Professor Brian Morgan, Professor of Entrepreneurship at Cardiff Metropolitan University was set up last year.
It was tasked at examining how the business rate regime in Wales could be used to encourage economic development and growth. The Minister for Business, Enterprise, Technology and Science published the final report of the Task and Finish Group in June 2012.
The final report contained 19 principal recommendations covering an array of issues relating to business rates in Wales. The Minister for Business, Enterprise, Technology and Science asked Professor Brian Morgan to discuss the recommendations and gather feedback from businesses and other key stakeholders including the Enterprise Zone Chairs and Sector Panels during Summer 2012.
Our response to the review
In October 2012, the Welsh Government produced its response to the Review.