Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Chinese health and nurtraceutical group to open European HQ, R&D and manufacturing centre in Wales
Acerchem International a leading Chinese health and nutraceutical group is to establish its European HQ and R&D and manufacturing centre in Wales.
- New EU project to help grow the fisheries industry in Wales and Ireland
- Three quarters of a million pounds for Little Haven flood alleviation scheme
- Chinese health and nurtraceutical group to open European HQ, R&D and manufacturing centre in Wales
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.
Diversity in democracy programme
The programme aims to increase the diversity of individuals standing for election to local government.
It will raise the profile of local government, through a variety of measures. These include:
- mentoring support
- publicity campaign
- work with employers
- exit Interview Scheme
- support for candidates with disabilities
- action for political parties
- improving the local government candidates survey.
We are working with diversity champions from all 22 local authorities to provide mentoring to prospective candidates and raise the profile of the role of councillor.
If you are a county councillor and wish to be a mentor on the Diversity in Democracy Mentoring programme, complete the diversity champion / mentor contact details form.
The 1-1 mentoring programme is now closed, however, you can still take part in peer networking events and training by contacting Did@wales.gsi.gov.uk.
Be a Councillor: 2017
- Do you care passionately about your local community?
- Is there something you want to change?
- Are you ready to take challenging decisions?
- Why not stand for what you care about and become a local councillor?
This guide (external link) is intended to be used as a quick introduction to the basic information that you need to consider when planning to stand for office. There are links throughout to more detailed information on the Internet and insights from serving councillors to help you decide if being a councillor is for you.