5p carrier bag charge turns 5!
Today (1 October) marks the five year anniversary of the introduction of the Welsh Government’s ground-breaking Single Use Carrier Bag charge.
- Welsh Government steps in to help small businesses affected by revaluation
- Blue Badge eligibility criteria expanded
- 5p carrier bag charge turns 5!
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Disasters and emergencies overseas: How you can help
Tell us if you want any of the documents on this page in an alternative format.
Whatever the emergency fast action is needed to save lives. The world’s poorest countries are often the hardest hit by disasters.
This leaflet tells you:
- how the world responds to major disasters
- what you can do to help save the lives of people under threat in an emergency.