UK Climate Change Risk Assessment Evidence Report »The Wales report highlights the risks to our economy, communities and environment from flooding and heat.Learn more »
First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
The First Minister of Wales, Carwyn Jones has convened an extraordinary meeting of the British-Irish Council (BIC) to discuss the outcome of the EU referendum.
- Public Health Minister accepts new recommendations on Vitamin D intake
- Tourism industry ready for an EPIC summer
Featured story »National Assembly 2016 election results
- First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
- Welsh Language Standards – Improving services for Welsh speakers within the health sector
- Proposed Technical Advice Note (TAN) 24: The Historic Environment
- There are no consultations closing within the next 10 days
Featured consultation »Proposed technical advice note 24: The historic environment
72 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Wales and the European Union
As the Member State, the UK Government takes the lead in negotiations at EU level. It must consult with the Devolved Administrations to ensure that their views are taken into account when developing the UK line on EU issues.
Through our offices in Cardiff and Brussels, we seek to raise the profile of Wales in the EU, maximise the benefits to Wales of EU memberships and influence EU-related policy development and legislation.
For further details of our approach to EU engagement see the Welsh Government’s EU strategy.