Appointment of the next Children’s Commissioner for Wales »The current Children's Commissioner's tenure will come to an end on 28 February 2015.Learn more »
Welsh Government and GPC Wales agree new GP contract for Wales
A new two-year contract to cut out more red tape from GPs’ workloads in Wales has been agreed by the Welsh Government and GPC Wales.
- Bill a chance to provide the Wales We Want for our future generations
- Assembly to vote on landmark Violence against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence (Wales) Bill
- Welsh Government and GPC Wales agree new GP contract for Wales
- Proposals to amend existing powers to tackle waste crime and poor performing sites in the waste management industry
- Developing a Landfill Disposals Tax
- Collection and publication of fire statistics
- Talk to me 2
- Flood and Coast Investment Programme (FaCIP)
- Teacher assessment: strengthening arrangements to improve reliability, consistency and confidence
Featured consultation »Use and effectiveness of Civil Sanctions for environmental offences
27 days left
Section highlightRegulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) BillThe Bill will improve the quality of care and support in Wales and strengthen protection for citizens.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Sharing Personal Information Project
The Sharing Personal Information (SPI) Project aims to make sure public services, as well as appropriate third and private sector providers, share personal information about individuals legally, safely and with confidence.
SPI is critical to ensuring that public services maintain and improve standards and efficiency, are coherently and collaboratively delivered based on need and safeguard the individual when necessary. Key elements of the project are the Public Service Leadership Group (PSLG) commitment on information sharing and the implementation of the Wales Accord on the Sharing of Personal Information (WASPI) as the single information sharing framework for Wales. The Welsh Government is sponsoring the WASPI service until March 2015 to drive and support local good practice.
By March 2015 the following should be in place:
- a single approach to WASPI-based information sharing across public service organisations;
- public service managers and practitioners to have developed knowledge and understanding of good information sharing practice and be receiving the training needed;
- collaboration across organisations to improve information sharing practice, service delivery and outcomes for users;
- chief executives and senior managers to recognise the importance of effective sharing and drive improvement ; and
- transformational change in culture and behaviour so that information sharing becomes expected practice, not the exception.