Appointment of the next Children’s Commissioner for Wales »The current Children's Commissioner's tenure will come to an end on 28 February 2015.Learn more »
£17m EU-backed project to support Welsh job-seekers announced at St David's Day reception in Brussels
Finance Minister, Jane Hutt, has announced a £10 million EU investment for a £17 million initiative to help people affected by redundancy back into work.
- 56% of food businesses in Wales get top food hygiene ratings
- Support for Wales YFC announced
- £17m EU-backed project to support Welsh job-seekers announced at St David's Day reception in Brussels
- Proposed changes to homelessness data collections
- Proposals to amend existing powers to tackle waste crime and poor performing sites in the waste management industry
- Developing a Landfill Disposals Tax
- Talk to me 2
- Flood and Coast Investment Programme (FaCIP)
- Teacher assessment: strengthening arrangements to improve reliability, consistency and confidence
Featured consultation »Use and effectiveness of Civil Sanctions for environmental offences
26 days left
Section highlightRegulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) BillThe Bill will improve the quality of care and support in Wales and strengthen protection for citizens.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Sharing Personal Information Project
The Sharing Personal Information (SPI) Project aims to make sure public services, as well as appropriate third and private sector providers, share personal information about individuals legally, safely and with confidence.
SPI is critical to ensuring that public services maintain and improve standards and efficiency, are coherently and collaboratively delivered based on need and safeguard the individual when necessary. Key elements of the project are the Public Service Leadership Group (PSLG) commitment on information sharing and the implementation of the Wales Accord on the Sharing of Personal Information (WASPI) as the single information sharing framework for Wales. The Welsh Government is sponsoring the WASPI service until March 2015 to drive and support local good practice.
By March 2015 the following should be in place:
- a single approach to WASPI-based information sharing across public service organisations;
- public service managers and practitioners to have developed knowledge and understanding of good information sharing practice and be receiving the training needed;
- collaboration across organisations to improve information sharing practice, service delivery and outcomes for users;
- chief executives and senior managers to recognise the importance of effective sharing and drive improvement ; and
- transformational change in culture and behaviour so that information sharing becomes expected practice, not the exception.