Launching Saundersfoot Harbour to international success
The Deputy Minister for Culture, Sport and Tourism Ken Skates has officially opened phase 1 of the redevelopment of Saundersfoot Harbour.
- New system for emergency ambulance services to prioritise patients in most need of care
- Minister visits pioneering dementia care project in Raglan
- Launching Saundersfoot Harbour to international success
- Revisions to the Waste Duty of Care Code of Practice
- The Welsh Language Tribunal - Practice Directions
- Fire and Rescue National Framework 2016 onwards
- Statutory Guidance about sewerage undertakers duty to connect properties to the public sewerage system ( under Section 101A of the Water Industry Act 1991)
- Draft revised guidance on disciplinary and dismissal procedures for school staff
- Implementation of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 – Consultation on the code of practice in relation to part 10 (Complaints, Representations and Advocacy Services) of the Act
Featured consultation »Prevention of Pollution (Oil Storage) (Wales) Regulations
56 days left
Section highlightThe Planning (Wales) Act 2015
The act puts in place delivery structures, processes and procedures to make Wales’ planning system fit for the 21st century.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
1st Supplementary Budget 2015-16 »
The 1st supplementary budget proposes a number of changes to the final budget for 2015-16, which was published in December 2014.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Invest to Save 2015
The Invest to Save (I2S) fund is a short-term pool of resources available to help public service organisations transform the way that they work.
The fund supports the introduction of new or proven ways of working so that public services become more efficient and effective.
The latest invest to save bidding round for 2015-16 began 02 June 2015. Approximately £8m is available for distribution.
This is in addition to the 26 schemes supported (with an investment value of £13·5m) in 2015-16.
Bids should be able to demonstrate:
- that they can identify and create cash-releasing saving
- deliver citizen-focused services
- support key aspects of the Welsh Government’s public service efficiency and wider improvement agenda.
Types of project
117 projects have received investment from the fund with a total value of over £118m.
- asset management
- business transformation
- new models of service delivery
Investments made from the fund are fully repayable, interest-free, with flexibility on the payback period. This ensures that the fund is sustainable and available for new projects in the future.
Energy efficiency schemes
£1·5m is available to support carbon reduction schemes with the aim of meeting statutory carbon targets. Several schemes have been supported in the first round of bidding. We are seeking further energy efficiency bids in this next round.
We aim to spread the lessons learned from the schemes implemented and encourage good practice. We collaborate with the Wales Audit Office (external link) to help spread good practice.
Further examples of improvement projects can be found on Good Practice Wales (external link).
As well as the case studies and directory of projects contained in the 2014 Annual Report, we have attached a list of the successful projects from the latest bidding round. Bids from organisations which are aiming to implement similar changes are encouraged.
For further details contact: I2Sinvestmentfund@wales.gsi.gov.uk
How to apply
The bidding for Round 9 began on 02 June 2015 and will close on the 24 July 2015.
If you want to discuss a proposal or require further information feel free to discuss it first with the Invest-to-Save team who can help you test it against the Fund's criteria. Tel: 02920 825110 E-mail: I2Sinvestmentfund@wales.gsi.gov.uk