Next stage of A55 multi-million pound tunnel scheme to begin
The next stage of the Welsh Government’s multi-million pound investment to improve the safety and resilience of the tunnels on the A55 is set to begin in the Penmaenbach Tunnel next week.
- Recycling still on the up in Wales
- Hi-tech engineering facility in Mid Wales opened by First Minister
Featured Article »Celebrating success in the creative and arts sectors in Wales
- Next stage of A55 multi-million pound tunnel scheme to begin
- A call for proposals on a migrant Roma strategy for Wales
- Draft Statutory Guidance on Multi-Agency Collaboration in respect of violence against women, domestic abuse and sexual violence
- A framework for managing the night time economy in Wales
- Charging guidance to Ofwat (the economic regulator of the water sector)
- Care and Support (Business Failure) (Wales) Regulations 2015 and the Care and Support (Provision of Health Services) (Wales) Regulations 2015, stemming from the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014
- Draft statutory guidance on the National Training Framework on violence against women, domestic abuse and sexual violence
Section highlightThe Planning (Wales) Act 2015
The act puts in place delivery structures, processes and procedures to make Wales’ planning system fit for the 21st century.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
1st Supplementary Budget 2015-16 »
The 1st supplementary budget proposes a number of changes to the final budget for 2015-16, which was published in December 2014.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Invest to Save 2015
The Invest to Save (I2S) fund is a short-term pool of resources available to help public service organisations transform the way that they work.
The fund supports the introduction of new or proven ways of working so that public services become more efficient and effective.
The latest invest to save bidding round for 2015-16 began 02 June 2015. Approximately £8m is available for distribution.
This is in addition to the 26 schemes supported (with an investment value of £13·5m) in 2015-16.
Bids should be able to demonstrate:
- that they can identify and create cash-releasing saving
- deliver citizen-focused services
- support key aspects of the Welsh Government’s public service efficiency and wider improvement agenda.
Types of project
117 projects have received investment from the fund with a total value of over £118m.
- asset management
- business transformation
- new models of service delivery
Investments made from the fund are fully repayable, interest-free, with flexibility on the payback period. This ensures that the fund is sustainable and available for new projects in the future.
Energy efficiency schemes
£1·5m is available to support carbon reduction schemes with the aim of meeting statutory carbon targets. Several schemes have been supported in the first round of bidding. We are seeking further energy efficiency bids in this next round.
We aim to spread the lessons learned from the schemes implemented and encourage good practice. We collaborate with the Wales Audit Office (external link) to help spread good practice.
Further examples of improvement projects can be found on Good Practice Wales (external link).
As well as the case studies and directory of projects contained in the 2014 Annual Report, we have attached a list of the successful projects from the latest bidding round. Bids from organisations which are aiming to implement similar changes are encouraged.
For further details contact: I2Sinvestmentfund@wales.gsi.gov.uk
How to apply
The bidding for Round 9 began on 02 June 2015 and will close on the 24 July 2015.
If you want to discuss a proposal or require further information feel free to discuss it first with the Invest-to-Save team who can help you test it against the Fund's criteria. Tel: 02920 825110 E-mail: I2Sinvestmentfund@wales.gsi.gov.uk