New deal for the education workforce »Delivering our ambitions for learners in Wales will need the full commitment of a highly skilled and professional workforce.Learn more »
Princes Gate Spring Water embarks on most significant investment to date
Princes Gate Spring Water is investing £5.5m in a major expansion project with support from the Welsh Government that will double staff numbers and more than triple production volumes.
- University and Hospital show Minister how Invest to Save is helping them deliver more efficient services
- New guidance to help communities take ownership of local assets
- Princes Gate Spring Water embarks on most significant investment to date
- Proposals for the Basic Payment Scheme
- Consultation on the Agricultural Advisory Panel for Wales - 2015
- Changes to the Producer Responsibility regimes for batteries and packaging
- Proposed changes to homelessness data collections
- The Planning (Hazardous Substances) (Wales) Regulations 2015
- The designation of higher education courses at alternative providers for the purpose of student support
Section highlightRegulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) BillThe Bill will improve the quality of care and support in Wales and strengthen protection for citizens.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Invest to Save 2014
The Invest to Save (I2S) fund is a short-term pool of resources available to help public service organisations transform the way that they work.
The fund supports the introduction of new or proven ways of working so that public services become more efficient and effective. The 2014 I2S round began on 30 September 2014.
In 2015-16 over £20m is available for investment in new projects. The fund will target strategic projects that:
- create significant cash-releasing saving
- deliver citizen-focused services
- support key aspects of the Welsh Government’s public service efficiency and wider improvement agenda. The 2014 bidding round has a particular emphasis on collaboration and innovation and bids which demonstrate these features.
Investments made from the fund are fully repayable, interest-free, with flexibility on the payback period. This ensures that the fund is sustainable and available for new projects in the future.
Energy efficiency schemes
We are making an additional £3m available over a 2 year period (£1.5m per year) to support carbon reduction schemes with the aim of meeting statutory carbon targets.
Details of carbon reduction schemes supported by I2S are contained in the 2014 Annual Report.
Types of project
94 projects have received investment from the fund with a total value of over £96m. Projects include:
- asset management
- business transformation
- new models of service delivery
The 2014 Annual report contains a full directory of the projects supported by the Fund.
We are aiming to spread the lessons learned from the schemes implemented and encourage good practice. We collaborate with the Wales Audit Office (external link) to help spread good practice.
Further examples of improvement projects can be found on Good Practice Wales (external link).
The I2S team are available for workshops which will cover:
- the types of scheme implemented and the possibilities for improving service delivery whilst reducing costs
- the stories behind different projects to illustrate what works well and some of the pitfalls
- the bidding process with do’s and don’ts.
For further details contact: I2Sinvestmentfund@wales.gsi.gov.uk
How to apply
The bidding for Round 9 began on 07 October 2014.
If you want to discuss a proposal or require further information feel free to discuss it first with the Invest-to-Save team who can help you test it against the Fund's criteria- Tel: 02920 825110 E-mail: I2Sinvestmentfund@wales.gsi.gov.uk