Energy Wales Statement »The energy system in Wales is on the threshold of great change driven by new energy, technology and low carbon energy transition objectives.Learn more »
£7.6m funding boost for children and young people’s mental health services in Wales
The Welsh Government will invest an extra £7.6m every year in mental health services for children and young people in Wales.
- Love your library, cherish your church, partial to your pub? Consultation to protect community facilities launched
- £6.7m investment in new IT system to integrate NHS and social services in Wales
- £7.6m funding boost for children and young people’s mental health services in Wales
- Protecting Community Assets
- Developments of National Significance
- Geological Disposal of Higher Activity Radioactive Waste: Community Engagement and Implementation Processes
- Changes to the Producer Responsibility regimes for batteries and packaging
- Consultation on a Private Rented Sector Code of Practice for Landlords and Agents
Section highlightHistoric Environment (Wales) BillThe Bill will support the positive management of change in the Welsh historic environment.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Invest to Save 2014
The Invest to Save (I2S) fund is a short-term pool of resources available to help public service organisations transform the way that they work.
The fund supports the introduction of new or proven ways of working so that public services become more efficient and effective. The 2014 I2S round began on 30 September 2014.
In 2015-16 over £20m is available for investment in new projects. The fund will target strategic projects that:
- create significant cash-releasing saving
- deliver citizen-focused services
- support key aspects of the Welsh Government’s public service efficiency and wider improvement agenda. The 2014 bidding round has a particular emphasis on collaboration and innovation and bids which demonstrate these features.
Investments made from the fund are fully repayable, interest-free, with flexibility on the payback period. This ensures that the fund is sustainable and available for new projects in the future.
Energy efficiency schemes
We are making an additional £3m available over a 2 year period (£1.5m per year) to support carbon reduction schemes with the aim of meeting statutory carbon targets.
Details of carbon reduction schemes supported by I2S are contained in the 2014 Annual Report.
Types of project
94 projects have received investment from the fund with a total value of over £96m. Projects include:
- asset management
- business transformation
- new models of service delivery
The 2014 Annual report contains a full directory of the projects supported by the Fund.
We are aiming to spread the lessons learned from the schemes implemented and encourage good practice. We collaborate with the Wales Audit Office (external link) to help spread good practice.
Further examples of improvement projects can be found on Good Practice Wales (external link).
The I2S team are available for workshops which will cover:
- the types of scheme implemented and the possibilities for improving service delivery whilst reducing costs
- the stories behind different projects to illustrate what works well and some of the pitfalls
- the bidding process with do’s and don’ts.
For further details contact: I2Sinvestmentfund@wales.gsi.gov.uk
How to apply
The bidding for Round 9 began on 07 October 2014.
If you want to discuss a proposal or require further information feel free to discuss it first with the Invest-to-Save team who can help you test it against the Fund's criteria- Tel: 02920 825110 E-mail: I2Sinvestmentfund@wales.gsi.gov.uk