UK Climate Change Risk Assessment Evidence Report »The Wales report highlights the risks to our economy, communities and environment from flooding and heat.Learn more »
New £7m EU-backed investment in graduate career opportunities
A £7.3m EU-backed scheme to boost the career prospects of students from disadvantaged backgrounds has been announced.
- Children encouraged to join the Big Friendly Read this summer
- Best ambulance response times since start of pilot - all LHBs in Wales meet target for first time
Featured story »National Assembly 2016 election results
- New £7m EU-backed investment in graduate career opportunities
- A future demand-led fuel poverty scheme to succeed Welsh Government Warm Homes - Nest
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
- Welsh Language Standards – Improving services for Welsh speakers within the health sector
- There are no consultations closing within the next 10 days
Featured consultation »Improving services for Welsh speakers in the health sector
76 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Invest to Save 2016
The Invest to Save (I2S) fund is a short-term pool of resources available to help public service organisations transform the way that they work.
The fund supports the introduction of new or proven ways of working so that public services become more efficient and effective.
Bids should be able to demonstrate:
- that they can identify and create cash-releasing saving
- deliver citizen-focused services
- support key aspects of the Welsh Government’s public service efficiency and wider improvement agenda.
Types of project
The types of projects supported in the past fall into the following categories:
- asset management
- business transformation
- new models of service delivery
Investments made from the fund are fully repayable, interest-free, with flexibility on the payback period. This ensures that the fund is sustainable and available for new projects in the future.
Timetable for submitting Expressions of Interest
Rather than one annual bidding round, we will accept project proposals at any time. For 2016-17 the Invest to Save Fund will operate on the basis of 4 decision points when the new projects receiving support will be announced.
|Latest date for submissions||Decision point|
|5 July 2016||31 July 2016|
|5 October 2016||31 October 2016|
|5 December 2016||31 December 2016|
|1 March 2017||31 March 2017|
Read the guidance notes before completing the Expression of interest form. If you want to discuss a proposal or require further information contact the Invest-to-Save team who can help you test it against the Fund's criteria. Tel: 02920 825110 E-mail: I2Sinvestmentfund@wales.gsi.gov.uk
Green Growth Fund
The Invest to Save Green Growth Fund supports projects which contribute to the Welsh Government’s Energy Efficiency Strategy.
The Welsh Government is collaborating with Salix Finance to support Green Growth projects. Paid for by the Welsh Government, this new fund is administered by Salix who will undertake the technical assessment of proposed projects.
Funding is available for 2016-17 and beyond. Tell us about future projects under development so that we can create a detailed funding plan for a projects' pipeline.
The timetable for applications is the same as that for general projects.