Energy Wales Statement »The energy system in Wales is on the threshold of great change driven by new energy, technology and low carbon energy transition objectives.Learn more »
Wales outperforms England and Northern Ireland in reduced CO2 emission from recycling
Wales is the leading UK nation in recycling emissions saved per person.
- Lymphoedema specialist for children and young people in Wales is first in UK
- Tower of London Poppies: Welsh host venues wanted
- Wales outperforms England and Northern Ireland in reduced CO2 emission from recycling
Section highlightHistoric Environment (Wales) BillThe Bill will support the positive management of change in the Welsh historic environment.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Transforming procurement through Home-Grown Talent
A European Social Fund project to develop procurement skills and capability across public services in Wales.
Our aim is to raise procurement skills in the Welsh public sector to help us better manage the £4.3 billion that the public sector spends each year on external goods and services, and to maximise its social, environmental and economic benefits.
The Home-Grown Talent project is worth £10.9m and is available until July 2015. It aims to achieve greater efficiency savings and ensure value for money whilst maintaining or improving the quality of service provision. There are 5 strands to the project:
- Raise awareness with senior executives and political figures
- Develop the skills and capability of existing public service staff
- Deliver a Trainee Procurement Executive Programme (TPEP)
- Accelerate and expand the implementation of eProcurement
- Identify innovative approaches to improve procurement
To apply for Home-Grown Talent funding see the guidance below.