Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Welsh Government investing £2.5m to build new facility for Qioptiq in support of its new £82m contract
Welsh Government will continue to play a pivotal role in supporting the growth and expansion of St Asaph-based Qioptiq by investing £2.5m.
- £95 million investment to train healthcare professionals in Wales
- Mark Drakeford announces details of High Street Rates Relief Scheme
- Welsh Government investing £2.5m to build new facility for Qioptiq in support of its new £82m contract
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.
Value Wales drives best practice in procurement across the Welsh public sector.
The Welsh public sector spends £5·5bn per year on external goods and services. Value Wales is responsible for shaping policy, monitoring practice, supporting and advising professionals, developing the procurement profession, and compliance with EU regulations.
The Wales Procurement Policy Statement sets out the procurement practices and actions required of all public sector organisations in Wales. Value Wales helps the Welsh public sector realise improved value for money through ‘smarter procurement’ by
- increasing savings through collaboration
- improving process efficiency especially through use of technology
- protecting the economy by encouraging smaller and more local suppliers and seeking re-investment in local communities
- building procurement capability.
Value Wales' Procurement Route Planner (external link) provides step-by-step guides to buying goods and securing services. It enables a consistent approach that mirrors the Welsh Government's 4-stage commissioning cycle.
Contact Value Wales at: VWPolicy@wales.gsi.gov.uk