“NHS Bursary to stay in Wales”- says Health Secretary
NHS Bursaries for eligible student nurses, midwives and allied health professionals will continue to be available in Wales in 2017/18.
- Welsh Government appoints Emma Watkins to key role
- People with diabetes deserve the best possible care and support - says Health Secretary
Featured Article »£40m available for research and innovation proposals
- “NHS Bursary to stay in Wales”- says Health Secretary
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Draft Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
- Achievement and entitlement to free school meals
- Delayed transfers of care
- Evaluation of the Foundation Phase Flexibility Pilot Scheme
- Farm incomes
- NHS diagnostic and therapy service waiting times
- Process evaluation of the Parents, Childcare and Employment (PaCE) Project
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Value Wales drives best practice in procurement across the Welsh public sector.
The Welsh public sector spends £5·5bn per year on external goods and services. Value Wales is responsible for shaping policy, monitoring practice, supporting and advising professionals, developing the procurement profession, and compliance with EU regulations.
The Wales Procurement Policy Statement sets out the procurement practices and actions required of all public sector organisations in Wales. Value Wales helps the Welsh public sector realise improved value for money through ‘smarter procurement’ by
- increasing savings through collaboration
- improving process efficiency especially through use of technology
- protecting the economy by encouraging smaller and more local suppliers and seeking re-investment in local communities
- building procurement capability.
Value Wales' Procurement Route Planner (external link) provides step-by-step guides to buying goods and securing services. It enables a consistent approach that mirrors the Welsh Government's 4-stage commissioning cycle.
Contact Value Wales at: VWPolicy@wales.gsi.gov.uk