Train / Work / Live – First Minister of Wales launches major new GP recruitment campaign
A major new campaign to promote Wales as an excellent place for doctors, including GPs, and their families, to train, work and live has been launched by First Minister of Wales, Carwyn Jones.
- Vaughan Gething confirms £18m investment in the new SuRNICC
- ‘Positive parenting’ campaign set to hit the big screen
- Train / Work / Live – First Minister of Wales launches major new GP recruitment campaign
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Draft Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Value Wales drives best practice in procurement across the Welsh public sector.
The Welsh public sector spends £5·5bn per year on external goods and services. Value Wales is responsible for shaping policy, monitoring practice, supporting and advising professionals, developing the procurement profession, and compliance with EU regulations.
The Wales Procurement Policy Statement sets out the procurement practices and actions required of all public sector organisations in Wales. Value Wales helps the Welsh public sector realise improved value for money through ‘smarter procurement’ by
- increasing savings through collaboration
- improving process efficiency especially through use of technology
- protecting the economy by encouraging smaller and more local suppliers and seeking re-investment in local communities
- building procurement capability.
Value Wales' Procurement Route Planner (external link) provides step-by-step guides to buying goods and securing services. It enables a consistent approach that mirrors the Welsh Government's 4-stage commissioning cycle.
Contact Value Wales at: VWPolicy@wales.gsi.gov.uk