Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
New EU project to enhance coastal infrastructure in Wales and Ireland
Universities in Wales and Ireland are joining forces to investigate how coastal defences and renewable energy schemes can be improved by more eco-friendly designs.
- Welsh Government seeks innovative ideas to tackle childhood obesity with healthier and cheaper food choices
- Welsh team set to compete at Special Olympics, thanks to Welsh Government and Disability Sport Wales funding
- New EU project to enhance coastal infrastructure in Wales and Ireland
In this section
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Value Wales drives best practice in procurement across the Welsh public sector.
The Welsh public sector spends £5·5bn per year on external goods and services. Value Wales is responsible for shaping policy, monitoring practice, supporting and advising professionals, developing the procurement profession, and compliance with EU regulations.
The Wales Procurement Policy Statement sets out the procurement practices and actions required of all public sector organisations in Wales. Value Wales helps the Welsh public sector realise improved value for money through ‘smarter procurement’ by
- increasing savings through collaboration
- improving process efficiency especially through use of technology
- protecting the economy by encouraging smaller and more local suppliers and seeking re-investment in local communities
- building procurement capability.
Value Wales' Procurement Route Planner (external link) provides step-by-step guides to buying goods and securing services. It enables a consistent approach that mirrors the Welsh Government's 4-stage commissioning cycle.
Contact Value Wales at: VWPolicy@wales.gsi.gov.uk