Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
New £13m ALN School opened
A new 100 place school for pupils with additional learning needs (ALN) has been officially opened by the Minister for Lifelong Learning and Welsh Language, Alun Davies.
- Finance trilateral meeting - UK Government must give greater clarity about budgets
- Cabinet Secretary welcomes positive response to EIDCymru
Featured Article »£40m available for research and innovation proposals
- New £13m ALN School opened
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
About this topic
In order to drive improvements in public services, we are committed to working with public service leaders so that services are designed around people, not organisations. We are doing this by working collaboratively with partners from across public services through a new Public Service Leadership Group.
The Group provides national leadership for public service reform and collaboration, driving the pace of improvement in public services across Wales. Its key responsibilities are:
- ensuring coherence in the implementation of overall public service reform agenda in Wales, including oversight of the implementation of the Compact with local government and building coherence with the reforms in education, social services, health and other areas
- sponsorship and mandating of national action – for example, in asset management and procurement; in delivering effective services to vulnerable groups; and, in developing effective organisations - to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of public services
- the development of effective regional leadership for collaboration, building on existing regional leadership structures and the Welsh Government’s geographical footprint for regional collaboration.
Collective political leadership and accountability will be provided through a reformed Partnership Council for Wales.
Aims and commitments
Our Programme for Government commitments seek to ensure that people can access effective and efficient public services wherever they are in Wales by:
- strengthening local democracy
- supporting continuous improvement in our public services
- ensuring that our funding supports stronger and more effective service delivery
- encouraging effective public service collaboration.