Energy Wales Statement »The energy system in Wales is on the threshold of great change driven by new energy, technology and low carbon energy transition objectives.Learn more »
£7.6m funding boost for children and young people’s mental health services in Wales
The Welsh Government will invest an extra £7.6m every year in mental health services for children and young people in Wales.
- Welsh coast helping to boost tourism
- Love your library, cherish your church, partial to your pub? Consultation to protect community facilities launched
- £7.6m funding boost for children and young people’s mental health services in Wales
Section highlightHistoric Environment (Wales) BillThe Bill will support the positive management of change in the Welsh historic environment.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
About this topic
In order to drive improvements in public services, we are committed to working with public service leaders so that services are designed around people, not organisations. We are doing this by working collaboratively with partners from across public services through a new Public Service Leadership Group.
The Group provides national leadership for public service reform and collaboration, driving the pace of improvement in public services across Wales. Its key responsibilities are:
- ensuring coherence in the implementation of overall public service reform agenda in Wales, including oversight of the implementation of the Compact with local government and building coherence with the reforms in education, social services, health and other areas
- sponsorship and mandating of national action – for example, in asset management and procurement; in delivering effective services to vulnerable groups; and, in developing effective organisations - to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of public services
- the development of effective regional leadership for collaboration, building on existing regional leadership structures and the Welsh Government’s geographical footprint for regional collaboration.
Collective political leadership and accountability will be provided through a reformed Partnership Council for Wales.
Aims and commitments
Our Programme for Government commitments seek to ensure that people can access effective and efficient public services wherever they are in Wales by:
- strengthening local democracy
- supporting continuous improvement in our public services
- ensuring that our funding supports stronger and more effective service delivery
- encouraging effective public service collaboration.