Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Mark Drakeford announces additional £20m for social care in 2017-18
Finance Secretary Mark Drakeford has announced the Welsh Government will invest an additional £20m in social care in 2017-18.
- Health Secretary connects with NHS Wales staff
- Increase in funding to help Wales’ most disadvantaged pupils – Kirsty Williams
- Mark Drakeford announces additional £20m for social care in 2017-18
In this section
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Housing services and support
Housing related services are many and varied. They support tenants in and around their homes. They help tackle problems that arise, which impact on communities.
Housing services are varied but they:
- give advice, information and practical assistance on housing matters
- help people deal with problems and failures in the housing system or market, such as disputes related to renting homes
- give support to help people find and keep a home e.g. homelessness services, the Supporting People programme
- enforce the law, for example, health and safety matters on the condition of homes.
The services are provided by:
- local authorities
- housing associations
- third sector organisations
- businesses, such as lenders and letting agents.
Sometimes, the solution to someone’s problems does not depend on one organisation alone but on the combined efforts of different organisations.