UK Climate Change Risk Assessment Evidence Report »The Wales report highlights the risks to our economy, communities and environment from flooding and heat.Learn more »
New £7m EU-backed investment in graduate career opportunities
A £7.3m EU-backed scheme to boost the career prospects of students from disadvantaged backgrounds has been announced.
- Children encouraged to join the Big Friendly Read this summer
- Best ambulance response times since start of pilot - all LHBs in Wales meet target for first time
Featured story »National Assembly 2016 election results
- New £7m EU-backed investment in graduate career opportunities
- A future demand-led fuel poverty scheme to succeed Welsh Government Warm Homes - Nest
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
- Welsh Language Standards – Improving services for Welsh speakers within the health sector
- There are no consultations closing within the next 10 days
Featured consultation »Improving services for Welsh speakers in the health sector
77 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
There are estimated to be more than 370,000 carers in Wales, and we are committed to improving the lives of carers of all ages.
Carers Strategy for Wales
The latest version of the Carers Strategy for Wales was published in June 2013.
Since it was last updated in 2007, much has been achieved The updated strategy builds on this success providing the means for Welsh agencies to work together to deliver services and support to carers.
A detailed delivery plan will be published by the end of the year.
Carers information and consultation strategies
In 2012, all the Local Health Boards in Wales published a carers information and consultation strategy. Wales Ambulance Trust and Velindre NHS (cancer services) Trust also published carers strategies.
These strategies were written in partnership with local authorities and in consultation with local carers. This was to meet a requirement under the Carers Strategies (Wales) Measure 2010.
Young carers toolkit
A Young carers toolkit website (external link) has been developed for professionals who have contact with young carers and young adult carers.
Supporting young carers and young adult carers is a priority within the Carers Strategy for Wales. Young carers are children and young people up to age 18 who support a family member who is disabled, ill, or affected by substance misuse.
Young adult carers are aged 18 to 25.