Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Mark Drakeford announces additional £20m for social care in 2017-18
Finance Secretary Mark Drakeford has announced the Welsh Government will invest an additional £20m in social care in 2017-18.
- Health Secretary connects with NHS Wales staff
- Increase in funding to help Wales’ most disadvantaged pupils – Kirsty Williams
- Mark Drakeford announces additional £20m for social care in 2017-18
In this section
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Autism Spectrum Disorder Strategic Action Plan
Rebecca Evans Minister for Social Services and Public Health
Tell us if you want any of the documents on this page in an alternative format.
We are committed to working to improve the lives of children and adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
We understand the challenges people with autism and their families face every day, and that it is crucial support services are in place.Wales was the first country in the UK to take a national approach to autism when it launched the ASD Strategic Action Plan in 2008.
We have made significant progress since then and have now updated the Plan using feedback from people with autism and their families and carers.
It will be supported by the new National Integrated Autism Service.
The Plan outlines actions to:
- introduce a 26-week waiting time target from referral to first appointment for children with autism
- transform the education support for children with ASD
- implement a national assessment pathway for children
- improve employment opportunities for people with autism
- support organisations to become Autism-friendly
- raise awareness of information and resources.
An advisory group will monitor the Plan’s implementation and it will be independently evaluated.
Autistic Spectrum Disorder strategic action plan (File size: 189Kb)
Autistic Spectrum Disorder delivery plan 2016-20 (File size: 188Kb)
Equality impact assessment - ASD Strategic Action Plan (File size: 364Kb)
The report of the ASD Adult Diagnostic task and finish group (File size: 217KB)