Welsh Ambulance Service exceeds eight-minute target
Almost 70% of people with life-threatening illnesses and injuries received an emergency response within eight minutes.
- Public Services Minister marks White Ribbon Day
- New law to reform regulation and inspection of social care in Wales passed
- Welsh Ambulance Service exceeds eight-minute target
- Draft Local Government (Wales) Bill and Explanatory Memorandum
- Green Growth Wales – Options for investment support
- Draft water resources planning guideline
- Proposed changes to Planning Policy Wales Chapter 10 and Technical Advice Note 4: Retail Centre Development
- Revision of the Mental Health Act 1983 Code of Practice for Wales
- The Public Sector Waste and Resource Efficiency Plan
Section highlightThe Planning (Wales) Act 2015
The act puts in place delivery structures, processes and procedures to make Wales’ planning system fit for the 21st century.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
1st Supplementary Budget 2015-16 »
The 1st supplementary budget proposes a number of changes to the final budget for 2015-16, which was published in December 2014.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
We work with and support local authorities and the independent sector who provide social services.
We are responsible for legislation and policy, and ensuring that services are regulated and inspected. We also fund and give guidance to local authorities.
The Welsh Independent Living Grant (WILG)
The UK Government closed the Independent Living Fund (ILF) on 30 June 2015. Disabled people in the UK with significant care needs had been receiving payments from the ILF to help pay for the cost of meeting these needs. Responsibility for providing this financial support in Wales has now passed to the Welsh Government.
We have established a Welsh Independent Living Grant (WILG) with local councils so they can provide this financial support to former ILF recipients in Wales.
Sustainable Social Services
'Sustainable Social Services: A Framework for Action' was published in 2011. It sets out our principles for changing social services for the better, working with our partners across Wales.