Appointment of the next Children’s Commissioner for Wales »The current Children's Commissioner's tenure will come to an end on 28 February 2015.Learn more »
Welsh Government publishes radical report on a curriculum for Wales
A major independent report that aims to raise standards and radically change how and what pupils in Wales learn over the decades to come has been published
- First Minister to celebrate strong economic and historic links with the USA
- New law to strengthen the regulation and inspection of social care in Wales unveiled
- Welsh Government publishes radical report on a curriculum for Wales
- Developing a Landfill Disposals Tax
- Collection and publication of fire statistics
- Interim non-statutory standards for sustainable drainage (SuDS) in Wales – designing, constructing, operating and maintaining surface water drainage systems
- Consultation on the statutory instruments under part 2 of the Housing (Wales) Act 2014.
- Talk to me 2
- Flood and Coast Investment Programme (FaCIP)
Featured consultation »Use and effectiveness of Civil Sanctions for environmental offences
32 days left
Section highlightRegulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) BillThe Bill will improve the quality of care and support in Wales and strengthen protection for citizens.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
We work with and support local authorities and the independent sector who provide social services.
We are responsible for legislation and policy, and ensuring that services are regulated and inspected. We also fund and give guidance to local authorities.
Sustainable Social Services
'Sustainable Social Services: A Framework for Action' was published in 2011. It sets out our principles for changing social services for the better, working with our partners across Wales.