UK Climate Change Risk Assessment Evidence Report »The Wales report highlights the risks to our economy, communities and environment from flooding and heat.Learn more »
New £7m EU-backed investment in graduate career opportunities
A £7.3m EU-backed scheme to boost the career prospects of students from disadvantaged backgrounds has been announced.
- Children encouraged to join the Big Friendly Read this summer
- Best ambulance response times since start of pilot - all LHBs in Wales meet target for first time
Featured story »National Assembly 2016 election results
- New £7m EU-backed investment in graduate career opportunities
- A future demand-led fuel poverty scheme to succeed Welsh Government Warm Homes - Nest
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
- Welsh Language Standards – Improving services for Welsh speakers within the health sector
- There are no consultations closing within the next 10 days
Featured consultation »Improving services for Welsh speakers in the health sector
76 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
We work with and support local authorities and the independent sector who deliver social services.
We are responsible for legislation and policy, and ensuring that services are regulated and inspected. We also fund and give guidance to local authorities.
Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act
The Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act comes into force in April 2016. It is the new legal framework that brings together and modernises social services law.
The Act will change the social services sector giving people more of a say over their care and support.
The law is based on the four principles of well-being, people, partnership and prevention.
Regulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) Act
The Regulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) Act was granted Royal Assent in January 2016.
The Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act has changed the foundation of the sector, and this sister Act will build on the success of regulation in Wales to improve the quality of care and support, and strengthen the protection of citizens.