Edwina Hart welcomes production venture to boost international film and TV production in Wales by £100m
The Welsh Government is supporting a new UK/US production company to produce high-end TV and film for the global television market.
- Two weeks left to vote for your High Street Hero
- First Minister launches new Young Persons Discounted Travel Scheme and upgraded TrawsCymru T3 Service
- Edwina Hart welcomes production venture to boost international film and TV production in Wales by £100m
- Revisions to the Waste Duty of Care Code of Practice
- The Welsh Language Tribunal - Practice Directions
- Fire and Rescue National Framework 2016 onwards
- Healthcare Inspectorate Wales - Strategic Plan 2015-18
- Statutory Guidance about sewerage undertakers duty to connect properties to the public sewerage system ( under Section 101A of the Water Industry Act 1991)
- Draft revised guidance on disciplinary and dismissal procedures for school staff
Featured consultation »Prevention of Pollution (Oil Storage) (Wales) Regulations
57 days left
Section highlightThe Planning (Wales) Act 2015
The act puts in place delivery structures, processes and procedures to make Wales’ planning system fit for the 21st century.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
1st Supplementary Budget 2015-16 »
The 1st supplementary budget proposes a number of changes to the final budget for 2015-16, which was published in December 2014.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
We work with and support local authorities and the independent sector who provide social services.
We are responsible for legislation and policy, and ensuring that services are regulated and inspected. We also fund and give guidance to local authorities.
The Welsh Independent Living Grant (WILG)
The UK Government closed the Independent Living Fund (ILF) on 30 June 2015. Disabled people in the UK with significant care needs had been receiving payments from the ILF to help pay for the cost of meeting these needs. Responsibility for providing this financial support in Wales has now passed to the Welsh Government.
We have established a Welsh Independent Living Grant (WILG) with local councils so they can provide this financial support to former ILF recipients in Wales.
Sustainable Social Services
'Sustainable Social Services: A Framework for Action' was published in 2011. It sets out our principles for changing social services for the better, working with our partners across Wales.