Appointment of the next Children’s Commissioner for Wales »The current Children's Commissioner's tenure will come to an end on 28 February 2015.Learn more »
£17m EU-backed project to support Welsh job-seekers announced at St David's Day reception in Brussels
Finance Minister, Jane Hutt, has announced a £10 million EU investment for a £17 million initiative to help people affected by redundancy back into work.
- 56% of food businesses in Wales get top food hygiene ratings
- Support for Wales YFC announced
- £17m EU-backed project to support Welsh job-seekers announced at St David's Day reception in Brussels
- Proposed changes to homelessness data collections
- Proposals to amend existing powers to tackle waste crime and poor performing sites in the waste management industry
- Developing a Landfill Disposals Tax
- Talk to me 2
- Flood and Coast Investment Programme (FaCIP)
- Teacher assessment: strengthening arrangements to improve reliability, consistency and confidence
Featured consultation »Use and effectiveness of Civil Sanctions for environmental offences
25 days left
Section highlightRegulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) BillThe Bill will improve the quality of care and support in Wales and strengthen protection for citizens.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Social Services Strategies
These documents detail the plans to improve the well-being of people in need of care and support in Wales.
This third phase of the Strategy focuses on ensuring that older people in Wales have the resources they need to deal with the challenges and opportunities they face.
Provides a framework for agencies to work together to deliver services and support to carers.
We want to give older people with complex needs a strong voice and control over their care and support.
Everyone is entitled to well-being and everyone has a responsibility for their own well-being, but some people need extra help to achieve this.
The plan explains how we will provide additional support and assist the sharing of good practice.
The Strategy sets out the policy direction for social services for the next 10 years.