Train / Work / Live – First Minister of Wales launches major new GP recruitment campaign
A major new campaign to promote Wales as an excellent place for doctors, including GPs, and their families, to train, work and live has been launched by First Minister of Wales, Carwyn Jones.
- First Minister to mark 50th anniversary of the Aberfan disaster
- Cabinet Secretary says strong Welsh budget for housing will help provide 20,000 homes
- Train / Work / Live – First Minister of Wales launches major new GP recruitment campaign
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Draft Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Working differently – working together
It focuses on the vital role that all staff play in delivering safe and effective care for the people of Wales. It recognises that the NHS in Wales is working within a changing environment in challenging times. It is all the more important that staff are supported by the best in employment practices. This framework will support the development of the right staffing model in order to continue to transform the way we deliver healthcare.
The focus is on four objectives:
- develop a workforce aligned and committed to the vision set out in Together for Health;
- create a sustainable and skilled workforce that focuses on helping the people of Wales to improve their health as well as treating sickness;
- support a redesigned service working together to deliver healthcare for the 21st Century; and
- aim at excellence everywhere within available resources.