UK Climate Change Risk Assessment Evidence Report »The Wales report highlights the risks to our economy, communities and environment from flooding and heat.Learn more »
New £7m EU-backed investment in graduate career opportunities
A £7.3m EU-backed scheme to boost the career prospects of students from disadvantaged backgrounds has been announced.
- Children encouraged to join the Big Friendly Read this summer
- Best ambulance response times since start of pilot - all LHBs in Wales meet target for first time
Featured story »National Assembly 2016 election results
- New £7m EU-backed investment in graduate career opportunities
- A future demand-led fuel poverty scheme to succeed Welsh Government Warm Homes - Nest
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
- Welsh Language Standards – Improving services for Welsh speakers within the health sector
- There are no consultations closing within the next 10 days
Featured consultation »Improving services for Welsh speakers in the health sector
76 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Working differently – working together
It focuses on the vital role that all staff play in delivering safe and effective care for the people of Wales. It recognises that the NHS in Wales is working within a changing environment in challenging times. It is all the more important that staff are supported by the best in employment practices. This framework will support the development of the right staffing model in order to continue to transform the way we deliver healthcare.
The focus is on four objectives:
- develop a workforce aligned and committed to the vision set out in Together for Health;
- create a sustainable and skilled workforce that focuses on helping the people of Wales to improve their health as well as treating sickness;
- support a redesigned service working together to deliver healthcare for the 21st Century; and
- aim at excellence everywhere within available resources.