Universal child health programme launched
Implementing Healthy Child Wales is one of the Welsh Government’s priorities in its programme for government, Taking Wales Forward 2016-21.
- Vaughan Gething: over £11m to improve cyber security in the NHS
- Tuition fees in Wales frozen
- Universal child health programme launched
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Working differently – working together
It focuses on the vital role that all staff play in delivering safe and effective care for the people of Wales. It recognises that the NHS in Wales is working within a changing environment in challenging times. It is all the more important that staff are supported by the best in employment practices. This framework will support the development of the right staffing model in order to continue to transform the way we deliver healthcare.
The focus is on four objectives:
- develop a workforce aligned and committed to the vision set out in Together for Health;
- create a sustainable and skilled workforce that focuses on helping the people of Wales to improve their health as well as treating sickness;
- support a redesigned service working together to deliver healthcare for the 21st Century; and
- aim at excellence everywhere within available resources.