International scale installations to mark “Year of Legends”
The search is on for inspirational ideas which will see artworks, inspired by Wales’ many legendary figures, installed at some of Wales’ most loved and iconic sites.
- Production of animation series for broadcast in China underway in Wales with Welsh Government support
- Winner of First Minister’s Christmas card competition announced
Featured Article »£40m available for research and innovation proposals
- International scale installations to mark “Year of Legends”
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Draft Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Together for Health
It is based around community services with patients at the centre, and places prevention, quality and transparency at the heart of healthcare.
The document outlines the challenges facing the health service and the actions necessary to ensure it is capable of world-class performance.
Factors driving the need for reform include:
- a rising elderly population
- inequalities in health
- increasing numbers of patients with chronic conditions
- medical staffing pressures
- some specialist services being spread too thinly.
The document sets out how the NHS will look in 5 years time, with primary and community services at the centre of delivery.
The main commitments in Together for Health are:
- service modernisation, including more care provided closer to home and specialist ‘centres of excellence’
- addressing health inequalities
- better IT systems and an information strategy ensuring improved care for patients
- improving quality of care
- workforce development
- instigating a ‘compact with the public’
- a changed financial regime.