Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Minister praises innovative youth sport project
The Minister for Social Services and Public Health has visited an innovative project in Cardiff, that provides sporting opportunties for young people from disadvantaged backgrounds.
- Carl Sargeant announces extension to PaCE programme
- Welsh Government introduces Bill to challenge UK Government’s “damaging and divisive” Trade Union Act
Featured Article »£40m available for research and innovation proposals
- Minister praises innovative youth sport project
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Together for Health
It is based around community services with patients at the centre, and places prevention, quality and transparency at the heart of healthcare.
The document outlines the challenges facing the health service and the actions necessary to ensure it is capable of world-class performance.
Factors driving the need for reform include:
- a rising elderly population
- inequalities in health
- increasing numbers of patients with chronic conditions
- medical staffing pressures
- some specialist services being spread too thinly.
The document sets out how the NHS will look in 5 years time, with primary and community services at the centre of delivery.
The main commitments in Together for Health are:
- service modernisation, including more care provided closer to home and specialist ‘centres of excellence’
- addressing health inequalities
- better IT systems and an information strategy ensuring improved care for patients
- improving quality of care
- workforce development
- instigating a ‘compact with the public’
- a changed financial regime.