Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
More GP surgeries in Wales are open for longer
New figures show that more GP practices in Wales are open between 8.00am and 6.30pm.
- Chinese entrepreneur to open two new stores in Wales
- Ebbw Vale Enterprise Zone expands to include three new sites
- More GP surgeries in Wales are open for longer
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Together for Health
It is based around community services with patients at the centre, and places prevention, quality and transparency at the heart of healthcare.
The document outlines the challenges facing the health service and the actions necessary to ensure it is capable of world-class performance.
Factors driving the need for reform include:
- a rising elderly population
- inequalities in health
- increasing numbers of patients with chronic conditions
- medical staffing pressures
- some specialist services being spread too thinly.
The document sets out how the NHS will look in 5 years time, with primary and community services at the centre of delivery.
The main commitments in Together for Health are:
- service modernisation, including more care provided closer to home and specialist ‘centres of excellence’
- addressing health inequalities
- better IT systems and an information strategy ensuring improved care for patients
- improving quality of care
- workforce development
- instigating a ‘compact with the public’
- a changed financial regime.