Train / Work / Live – First Minister of Wales launches major new GP recruitment campaign
A major new campaign to promote Wales as an excellent place for doctors, including GPs, and their families, to train, work and live has been launched by First Minister of Wales, Carwyn Jones.
- ‘Positive parenting’ campaign set to hit the big screen
- £1m investment for clean sheets in NHS Wales
- Train / Work / Live – First Minister of Wales launches major new GP recruitment campaign
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Draft Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
The Robert Powell Investigation
The investigation focused on the lessons that the Welsh NHS can learn from the circumstances of Robbie’s death.
The report makes 12 recommendations which fall into four general groups:
- Communication to ensure continuity of care;
- Involvement and communication with patients and their families;
- The management of medical records;
- Dealing with complaints following the death of a patient.
Following representations received from the charity, Action against Medical Accidents, a factual inaccuracy in paragraph 158 has been highlighted . They have made clear that in February 2009, Action against Medical Accidents, sought permission to apply for judicial review of the decision of the General Medical Council. Mr Powell was an interested party only.