Progress on major health conditions delivery plans »We remain committed to ensuring that quality improvement remains at the centre of our approach for the future of NHS Wales.Learn more »
Statement from the First Minister following meeting with the Prime Minister on Tata Steel
“My message to the Prime Minister this morning was simple. These plants cannot close.”
- Welsh Government agrees partnership in principle for £80m convention centre plans at Celtic Manor Resort, Newport
- £43m to improve Wales’ primary care services
- Statement from the First Minister following meeting with the Prime Minister on Tata Steel
- Consultation on Procurement Regulation in Wales
- National Outcomes Framework for Youth Work
- Proposed changes to Planning Policy Wales Chapter 6: The Historic Environment
Closing soonView all open consultations »
Section highlightEnvironment (Wales) Act 2016
The act puts in place the legislation needed to plan and manage Wales’ natural resources in a more proactive, sustainable and joined-up way.
Assembly bills »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward.Learn more »
In this section
Section highlightWelsh taxes: a conversation
Share your thoughts on a new Taxpayers’ Charter.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
The Robert Powell Investigation
The investigation focused on the lessons that the Welsh NHS can learn from the circumstances of Robbie’s death.
The report makes 12 recommendations which fall into four general groups:
- Communication to ensure continuity of care;
- Involvement and communication with patients and their families;
- The management of medical records;
- Dealing with complaints following the death of a patient.
Following representations received from the charity, Action against Medical Accidents, a factual inaccuracy in paragraph 158 has been highlighted . They have made clear that in February 2009, Action against Medical Accidents, sought permission to apply for judicial review of the decision of the General Medical Council. Mr Powell was an interested party only.