Appointment of the next Children’s Commissioner for Wales »The current Children's Commissioner's tenure will come to an end on 28 February 2015.Learn more »
A taste of Wales in London
“It is great to see our producers celebrating our patron Saint of Wales - St David and promoting their wonderful products in London. We have such a fine array of quality products here in Wales."
- St David’s Day in Dubai
- Across Wales young people find work thanks to Jobs Growth Wales
- A taste of Wales in London
- Proposals to amend existing powers to tackle waste crime and poor performing sites in the waste management industry
- Developing a Landfill Disposals Tax
- Collection and publication of fire statistics
- Talk to me 2
- Flood and Coast Investment Programme (FaCIP)
- Teacher assessment: strengthening arrangements to improve reliability, consistency and confidence
Featured consultation »Use and effectiveness of Civil Sanctions for environmental offences
28 days left
Section highlightRegulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) BillThe Bill will improve the quality of care and support in Wales and strengthen protection for citizens.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Healthy and Sustainable Pre-School Scheme
The Healthy and Sustainable Pre-school Scheme has been introduced in each local authority area in Wales.
Each area will recruit at least 10 pre-school settings in the first year of the scheme (2011-12) and 5 to 10 settings in subsequent years (2012-14).
A task and finish group was set up in 2010 to look at extending the scheme into the pre-school sector and consider sustainability. It produced the Healthy and Sustainable Pre-School Scheme National Award Criteria.
Healthy and Sustainable Pre-School Scheme National Award Criteria
The National Award Criteria is the final product of the task and finish group and feedback provided from regional workshops. The criteria have clear parallels with the WNHSS National Quality Award.
Regional workshops were then organised to discuss the national award criteria. The workshops consisted of:
- local healthy school practitioners
- Welsh Government policy officials
- representatives from individuals working in pre-school, early years and childcare settings; and
- representatives from other groups such as Eco-Schools and Keep Wales Tidy.