Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Securing Wales’ Future: First Minister Carwyn Jones and leader of Plaid Cymru Leanne Wood set out Wales’ post-referendum plan
The First Minister of Wales Carwyn Jones and leader of Plaid Cymru, Leanne Wood have published a plan for Wales as the UK moves towards negotiations on leaving the European Union.
- Summit brings bus industry together
- New £36m fund to reduce infant class sizes and raise standards announced by Kirsty Williams
Featured Article »£40m available for research and innovation proposals
- Securing Wales’ Future: First Minister Carwyn Jones and leader of Plaid Cymru Leanne Wood set out Wales’ post-referendum plan
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Healthy and Sustainable Pre-School Scheme
The Healthy and Sustainable Pre-school Scheme has been introduced in each local authority area in Wales.
Each area will recruit at least 10 pre-school settings in the first year of the scheme (2011-12) and 5 to 10 settings in subsequent years (2012-14).
A task and finish group was set up in 2010 to look at extending the scheme into the pre-school sector and consider sustainability. It produced the Healthy and Sustainable Pre-School Scheme National Award Criteria.
Healthy and Sustainable Pre-School Scheme National Award Criteria
The National Award Criteria is the final product of the task and finish group and feedback provided from regional workshops. The criteria have clear parallels with the WNHSS National Quality Award.
Regional workshops were then organised to discuss the national award criteria. The workshops consisted of:
- local healthy school practitioners
- Welsh Government policy officials
- representatives from individuals working in pre-school, early years and childcare settings; and
- representatives from other groups such as Eco-Schools and Keep Wales Tidy.