Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Over £1m of Welsh Government funding helps children get a Flying Start
Over £1m of Welsh Government funding has been allocated to 33 Flying Start projects across Wales to help them improve their facilities, Carl Sargeant announced today.
- Swansea based Oyster Bay Systems expands and set to create 19 new jobs with Welsh Government support
- Welsh Government to invest over £2m to develop Welsh ports
- Over £1m of Welsh Government funding helps children get a Flying Start
In this section
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.
Healthy and Sustainable Pre-School Scheme
The Healthy and Sustainable Pre-school Scheme has been introduced in each local authority area in Wales.
Each area will recruit at least 10 pre-school settings in the first year of the scheme (2011-12) and 5 to 10 settings in subsequent years (2012-14).
A task and finish group was set up in 2010 to look at extending the scheme into the pre-school sector and consider sustainability. It produced the Healthy and Sustainable Pre-School Scheme National Award Criteria.
Healthy and Sustainable Pre-School Scheme National Award Criteria
The National Award Criteria is the final product of the task and finish group and feedback provided from regional workshops. The criteria have clear parallels with the WNHSS National Quality Award.
Regional workshops were then organised to discuss the national award criteria. The workshops consisted of:
- local healthy school practitioners
- Welsh Government policy officials
- representatives from individuals working in pre-school, early years and childcare settings; and
- representatives from other groups such as Eco-Schools and Keep Wales Tidy.