Progress on the creation of Historic Wales
Plans to bring the commercial functions of Cadw and the Amgueddfa Cymru - National Museum Wales together have moved a step closer today.
- Landlords have 8 weeks to register with Rent Smart Wales
- Ambulance target met for almost a year
- Progress on the creation of Historic Wales
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Healthy and Sustainable Pre-School Scheme
The Healthy and Sustainable Pre-school Scheme has been introduced in each local authority area in Wales.
Each area will recruit at least 10 pre-school settings in the first year of the scheme (2011-12) and 5 to 10 settings in subsequent years (2012-14).
A task and finish group was set up in 2010 to look at extending the scheme into the pre-school sector and consider sustainability. It produced the Healthy and Sustainable Pre-School Scheme National Award Criteria.
Healthy and Sustainable Pre-School Scheme National Award Criteria
The National Award Criteria is the final product of the task and finish group and feedback provided from regional workshops. The criteria have clear parallels with the WNHSS National Quality Award.
Regional workshops were then organised to discuss the national award criteria. The workshops consisted of:
- local healthy school practitioners
- Welsh Government policy officials
- representatives from individuals working in pre-school, early years and childcare settings; and
- representatives from other groups such as Eco-Schools and Keep Wales Tidy.