Progress on major health conditions delivery plans »We remain committed to ensuring that quality improvement remains at the centre of our approach for the future of NHS Wales.
£36m EU-backed investment in research and innovation for Welsh business
A new £36m EU-backed scheme to develop post-graduate research and innovation skills in partnership with small and medium-sized businesses has been announced by the First Minister
- Taking Wales Forward
- Statement by the First Minister of Wales: Moving Wales Forward
- £36m EU-backed investment in research and innovation for Welsh business
- Consultation on Procurement Regulation in Wales
- National Outcomes Framework for Youth Work
- Proposed changes to Planning Policy Wales Chapter 6: The Historic Environment
- Building Regulations Sustainability Review
- Support for foundation years
- Support for postgraduate study and part-time engineering, technology or computer science degrees
Section highlightEnvironment (Wales) Act 2016
The act puts in place the legislation needed to plan and manage Wales’ natural resources in a more proactive, sustainable and joined-up way.
Assembly bills »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward.Learn more »
Section highlightWelsh taxes: a conversation
Share your thoughts on a new Taxpayers’ Charter.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Working to prevent infectious diseases and protect health.
Infectious diseases are a major global threat to health, prosperity, social stability and security.
Infectious diseases account for 41% of the disease burden. Infections, such as measles and tuberculosis, account for millions of deaths in the world's population each year.
Few medical procedures or treatments can compare with the enormous benefits from immunisation - one of the safest and most cost-effective of interventions.
No immunisations are compulsory.
Details of the NHS Vaccination schedule and information leaflets can be found on NHS Direct Wales (external link).
Additional information on immunisation to support health professionals in Wales is available from Public Health Wales (external link)