Businesses supported by the Welsh Government record 60% increase in exports
New export business secured by companies supported by the Welsh Government in the last financial year reached £52million – an increase of nearly 60% on the previous year.
- One giant opportunity for Welsh pupils
- Wales programme for Roald Dahl’s centenary in 2016 is unveiled
- Businesses supported by the Welsh Government record 60% increase in exports
- Draft Additional Learning Needs and Education Tribunal (Wales) Bill
- Green Paper: Our Health, Our Health Service
- National Pathway for Homelessness Services to Children, Young People and Adults in the Secure Estate
- Welsh Government Draft Equality Objectives for 2016-2020
- Future arrangements for the Welsh Government’s Equality and Inclusion Programme for 2017-2020
Featured consultation »Draft Additional Learning Needs and Education Tribunal (Wales) Bill
164 days left
Section highlightThe Planning (Wales) Act 2015
The act puts in place delivery structures, processes and procedures to make Wales’ planning system fit for the 21st century.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
1st Supplementary Budget 2015-16 »
The 1st supplementary budget proposes a number of changes to the final budget for 2015-16, which was published in December 2014.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Environment and Public Health
The Welsh Government develops policy to help respond to environmental threats and hazards to human health including chemicals and radiation.
Heat can affect anyone, but some people run a greater risk of serious harm. These include:
- older people
- babies and young children
- people with mental health problems
- people on certain medication
- people with a serious chronic condition, particularly breathing or heart problems
- people who already have a high temperature from an infection
- people who use alcohol or illicit drugs
- people with mobility problems
- people who are physically active, like manual workers and sportsmen and women.
Radiation and Health
The Welsh Government wants to reduce the risks to health from exposure to ionising radiation and non-ionising radiation.
This could include radon gas, electromagnetic fields, sunlight (UV radiation), artificial tanning devices and radiofrequencies.
Carbon monoxide in the home is responsible for a considerable number of deaths each year and for many more cases of sub-lethal poisonings.