Proposed new service to provide SPECS to children in Wales’ special schools
New plans to establish an eye care service for pupils and students at special schools in Wales have been unveiled by Health and Social Services Minister, Mark Drakeford.
- £43m schools and social housing capital boost will create 800 jobs says Jane Hutt
- A55 improvement works accelerated and £1.9m Tal-y-bont scheme to go ahead this spring
- Proposed new service to provide SPECS to children in Wales’ special schools
- School Pupil Eye Care Service for Wales
- Proposals relating to the Statement of Public Participation for the National Development Framework
- The draft Private Dentistry (Wales) Regulations 2016
- Environmental Permitting Regulations - Consultation on rules for mobile crushing of lamps that contain mercury
- Producing a New Travel Behaviour Code
- Revision of Inclusion and Pupil Support guidance
Section highlightRegulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) Act 2016
The act will improve the quality of care and support in Wales and strengthen protection for citizens.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
In this section
Section highlightWales Act 2014 annual reports
Action undertaken on the finance provisions in Part 2 of the Wales Act 2014.
Draft Budget 2016-17 »
Our focus is on our priorities and the services which mean the most to the people of Wales.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Public health protection
Protecting Wales from illness and threats to public health
We are working to prevent illness and protect from threats to public health. These could include:
- communicable diseases
- environmental hazards.
We are also responsible for running national vaccination and immunisation programmes.
In this section you can find out about government policy on immunisation and communicable diseases, as well as plans, advice and guidance in case of public health emergencies.
You can get more information on health protection and prevention from:
Public Health Wales (external link)
Food Standards Agency (external link)