New law to reform regulation and inspection of social care in Wales passed
A new law reforming the way Wales’ care and support services are regulated and inspected has been approved by Assembly Members.
- Minister visits £2m fuel poverty project
- Sprinkler systems to be fitted in all new and converted housing from 2016
- New law to reform regulation and inspection of social care in Wales passed
- Draft Local Government (Wales) Bill and Explanatory Memorandum
- Green Growth Wales – Options for investment support
- Draft water resources planning guideline
- Proposed changes to Planning Policy Wales Chapter 10 and Technical Advice Note 4: Retail Centre Development
- Revision of the Mental Health Act 1983 Code of Practice for Wales
- The Public Sector Waste and Resource Efficiency Plan
Section highlightThe Planning (Wales) Act 2015
The act puts in place delivery structures, processes and procedures to make Wales’ planning system fit for the 21st century.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
1st Supplementary Budget 2015-16 »
The 1st supplementary budget proposes a number of changes to the final budget for 2015-16, which was published in December 2014.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Public health protection
Protecting Wales from illness and threats to public health
We are working to prevent illness and protect from threats to public health. These could include:
- communicable diseases
- environmental hazards.
We are also responsible for running national vaccination and immunisation programmes.
In this section you can find out about government policy on immunisation and communicable diseases, as well as plans, advice and guidance in case of public health emergencies.
You can get more information on health protection and prevention from:
Public Health Wales (external link)
Food Standards Agency (external link)