Appointment of the next Children’s Commissioner for Wales »The current Children's Commissioner's tenure will come to an end on 28 February 2015.Learn more »
Welsh Government and GPC Wales agree new GP contract for Wales
A new two-year contract to cut out more red tape from GPs’ workloads in Wales has been agreed by the Welsh Government and GPC Wales.
- Bill a chance to provide the Wales We Want for our future generations
- St David’s Day marks nine months to go until Wales changes its organ donation law
- Welsh Government and GPC Wales agree new GP contract for Wales
- Proposals to amend existing powers to tackle waste crime and poor performing sites in the waste management industry
- Developing a Landfill Disposals Tax
- Collection and publication of fire statistics
- Talk to me 2
- Flood and Coast Investment Programme (FaCIP)
- Teacher assessment: strengthening arrangements to improve reliability, consistency and confidence
Featured consultation »Use and effectiveness of Civil Sanctions for environmental offences
27 days left
Section highlightRegulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) BillThe Bill will improve the quality of care and support in Wales and strengthen protection for citizens.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Public health protection
Protecting Wales from illness and threats to public health
We are working to prevent illness and protect from threats to public health. These could include:
- communicable diseases
- environmental hazards.
We are also responsible for running national vaccination and immunisation programmes.
In this section you can find out about government policy on immunisation and communicable diseases, as well as plans, advice and guidance in case of public health emergencies.
You can get more information on health protection and prevention from:
Public Health Wales (external link)
Food Standards Agency (external link)