New deal for the education workforce »Delivering our ambitions for learners in Wales will need the full commitment of a highly skilled and professional workforce.Learn more »
Securing a brighter future by switching out the lights
Many buildings across the Welsh Government’s estate along with Cadw’s monuments will be in darkness this Saturday when lights are switched off in support of the WWF’s Earth Hour.
- New plans to reduce the number of children living in poverty
- £5million loan scheme to improve local sport facilities and get Wales active
- Securing a brighter future by switching out the lights
- Consultation on the Agricultural Advisory Panel for Wales - 2015
- Changes to the Producer Responsibility regimes for batteries and packaging
- Consultation on a Private Rented Sector Code of Practice for Landlords and Agents
- Call for evidence on the use and effectiveness of Civil Sanctions for environmental offences
- Proposed changes to homelessness data collections
- The Planning (Hazardous Substances) (Wales) Regulations 2015
Section highlightRegulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) BillThe Bill will improve the quality of care and support in Wales and strengthen protection for citizens.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Public health protection
Protecting Wales from illness and threats to public health
We are working to prevent illness and protect from threats to public health. These could include:
- communicable diseases
- environmental hazards.
We are also responsible for running national vaccination and immunisation programmes.
In this section you can find out about government policy on immunisation and communicable diseases, as well as plans, advice and guidance in case of public health emergencies.
You can get more information on health protection and prevention from:
Public Health Wales (external link)
Food Standards Agency (external link)