Progress on major health conditions delivery plans »We remain committed to ensuring that quality improvement remains at the centre of our approach for the future of NHS Wales.Learn more »
Statement from the First Minister following meeting with the Prime Minister on Tata Steel
“My message to the Prime Minister this morning was simple. These plants cannot close.”
- Welsh Government agrees partnership in principle for £80m convention centre plans at Celtic Manor Resort, Newport
- £43m to improve Wales’ primary care services
- Statement from the First Minister following meeting with the Prime Minister on Tata Steel
- Consultation on Procurement Regulation in Wales
- National Outcomes Framework for Youth Work
- Proposed changes to Planning Policy Wales Chapter 6: The Historic Environment
Closing soonView all open consultations »
Section highlightEnvironment (Wales) Act 2016
The act puts in place the legislation needed to plan and manage Wales’ natural resources in a more proactive, sustainable and joined-up way.
Assembly bills »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward.Learn more »
In this section
Section highlightWelsh taxes: a conversation
Share your thoughts on a new Taxpayers’ Charter.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Public health protection
Protecting Wales from illness and threats to public health
We are working to prevent illness and protect from threats to public health. These could include:
- communicable diseases
- environmental hazards.
We are also responsible for running national vaccination and immunisation programmes.
In this section you can find out about government policy on immunisation and communicable diseases, as well as plans, advice and guidance in case of public health emergencies.
You can get more information on health protection and prevention from:
Public Health Wales (external link)
Food Standards Agency (external link)