Successful prosecutions for scallop fishing offences »We take seriously our responsibility for managing and protecting Welsh seas and all our natural resources.Learn more »
Congratulations to GCSE pupils on results day - Kirsty Williams
The Education Secretary Kirsty Williams has offered her congratulations to students across Wales celebrating their GCSE and Welsh Baccalaureate results today.
- Recycling in Wales reaches record high
- Stellar team poised ready to recognise Welsh heroes
- Congratulations to GCSE pupils on results day - Kirsty Williams
- Proposed changes to how Environmental Impact Assessment applies to Town and Country Planning
- National Strategy on Violence Against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence - A framework for delivery 2016 - 2021
- Establishment of a Flood and Coastal Erosion Committee
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
Featured consultation »Welsh Language Strategy: A million Welsh speakers by 2050
65 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Read on to find out how the NHS in Wales is developing its use of information technology to make best use of resources.
NHS Wales Informatics Service
The service was established in April 2010, as part of the healthcare reform programme.
It brings together the strategic development of Information Communications Technology (ICT), the delivery of operational ICT services and information management.
The new organisation has a national remit to support NHS Wales and make better use of scarce skills and resources.
It was formed by merging:
- Informing Healthcare
- Health Solutions Wales
- the Business Services Centre Information Management and Technology element
- the Corporate Health Information Programme and
- the Primary Care Informatics Programme.
The new arrangements will enable closer working to support a consistent approach to health informatics and the implementation of common national systems.
The organisation will also set the standard for health informatics professional development.