First Minister welcomes plans to expand Heathrow
Statement by the First Minister on today's Heathrow announcement.
- Environment Secretary officially opens Merthyr community energy scheme
- Funding to help young people & teachers Show Racism the Red Card
Featured Article »£40m available for research and innovation proposals
- First Minister welcomes plans to expand Heathrow
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Draft Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Read on to find out how the NHS in Wales is developing its use of information technology to make best use of resources.
NHS Wales Informatics Service
The service was established in April 2010, as part of the healthcare reform programme.
It brings together the strategic development of Information Communications Technology (ICT), the delivery of operational ICT services and information management.
The new organisation has a national remit to support NHS Wales and make better use of scarce skills and resources.
It was formed by merging:
- Informing Healthcare
- Health Solutions Wales
- the Business Services Centre Information Management and Technology element
- the Corporate Health Information Programme and
- the Primary Care Informatics Programme.
The new arrangements will enable closer working to support a consistent approach to health informatics and the implementation of common national systems.
The organisation will also set the standard for health informatics professional development.