“NHS Bursary to stay in Wales”- says Health Secretary
- Welsh Government appoints Emma Watkins to key role
- People with diabetes deserve the best possible care and support - says Health Secretary
Featured Article »£40m available for research and innovation proposals
- “NHS Bursary to stay in Wales”- says Health Secretary
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Draft Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
- Achievement and entitlement to free school meals
- Delayed transfers of care
- Evaluation of the Foundation Phase Flexibility Pilot Scheme
- Farm incomes
- NHS diagnostic and therapy service waiting times
- Process evaluation of the Parents, Childcare and Employment (PaCE) Project
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
About NHS Wales
Patients in Wales come into contact with the NHS some 20 million times each year, with 80% of contacts taking place outside of a hospital.
Every year, NHS Wales also undertakes more than 700,000 first out-patient appointments, more than 600,000 inpatient and day-cases, and more than 1m people are seen in Accident & Emergency departments.
More than 70,000 people are directly employed by NHS Wales - making the health service Wales' largest employer. The health service offers over 200 career opportunities: everything from pharmacists to paramedics, gynaecologists to clinical engineers, and radiographers to midwives.
We invest £6bn a year, or 40 per cent of its budget – the largest single budget – in health and social services. Much of this is directly allocated to the Local Health Boards and Trusts.
NHS Wales website - Health in Wales
More information is available on the Health in Wales website (external link), the gateway to information on health and NHS services in Wales.