New hydro powered lighting gives children of Uganda a bright future
Vaughan Gething has visited Bumayoka Primary School in Mbale, Uganda to switch on new low energy lighting.
- Wales passes €50m milestone in flagship EU research and innovation programme
- Kirsty welcomes comforting views from home
Featured Article »£40m available for research and innovation proposals
- New hydro powered lighting gives children of Uganda a bright future
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Draft Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Nearly 3 million people live in Wales and use the services of the NHS.
Train. Work. Live. Medical Careers in Wales
Annual Quality Statement for NHS Wales
The Annual Quality Statement for NHS Wales 2015 is an overview of all the work going on within NHS organisations to improve the quality of care in NHS Wales.
Listen to what Andrew Goodall, NHS Wales Chief Executive has to say about the report on our YouTube channel (external link)
The NHS delivers services through 7 Health Boards and 3 NHS Trusts in Wales:
- primary care services are provided by general practitioners and other health care professionals in health centres and surgeries across Wales
- secondary care is delivered through hospital and ambulance services
- tertiary care is provided by hospitals which treat particular types of illness such as cancer
- community care services are usually provided in partnership with local social services, and delivered to patients in their own homes.
Health services in Wales take account of the fact that Wales has:
- high rates of cancer and heart disease
- a high proportion of elderly people
- a mix of rural, urban and valleys areas.
For further information about the NHS in Wales, please visit the Health in Wales website (external link).