UK Climate Change Risk Assessment Evidence Report »The Wales report highlights the risks to our economy, communities and environment from flooding and heat.Learn more »
Best ambulance response times since start of pilot - all LHBs in Wales meet target for first time
Latest statistics show the best ambulance performance since the introduction of a clinical response model pilot last October.
- Children encouraged to join the Big Friendly Read this summer
- £3.5m boost for Swansea Valley community wind project
Featured story »National Assembly 2016 election results
- Best ambulance response times since start of pilot - all LHBs in Wales meet target for first time
- A future demand-led fuel poverty scheme to succeed Welsh Government Warm Homes - Nest
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
- Welsh Language Standards – Improving services for Welsh speakers within the health sector
- There are no consultations closing within the next 10 days
Featured consultation »Improving services for Welsh speakers in the health sector
78 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Nearly 3 million people live in Wales and use the services of the NHS.
Annual Quality Statement for NHS Wales
The Annual Quality Statement for NHS Wales 2015 is an overview of all the work going on within NHS organisations to improve the quality of care in NHS Wales.
Listen to what Andrew Goodall, NHS Wales Chief Executive has to say about the report on our YouTube channel (external link)
My Local Health Service
The website My Local Health Service (external link) presents information on how NHS Wales is performing.
This includes previously published, non-personal data on the performance of health services at levels relating to:
- Local Health Boards and Trusts
- GP surgeries.
It gives information on how local health services are doing, and to recognise and prompt improvement. My local health service presents data and graphs with explanatory text, to provide insight into NHS services. The site is updated regularly to include new data.
Information is presented on:
- hospital mortality rates, healthcare infection rates and nurse ratio
- progress in primary care on preventative measures to address major health issues such as heart disease, cancer and stroke
- the results of patient satisfaction surveys
- links to reports and locally-published performance data.
It was developed by a sub-group of the Transparency and Mortality Task Force. Work on the website was supported by the task force, which included representatives for service users.
The NHS delivers services through 7 Health Boards and 3 NHS Trusts in Wales:
- primary care services are provided by general practitioners and other health care professionals in health centres and surgeries across Wales
- secondary care is delivered through hospital and ambulance services
- tertiary care is provided by hospitals which treat particular types of illness such as cancer
- community care services are usually provided in partnership with local social services, and delivered to patients in their own homes.
Health services in Wales take account of the fact that Wales has:
- high rates of cancer and heart disease
- a high proportion of elderly people
- a mix of rural, urban and valleys areas.
For further information about the NHS in Wales, please visit the Health in Wales website (external link).