Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Carl Sargeant announces extension to PaCE programme
A programme which helps parents who are out of work access education, employment or training opportunities will be extended to 31 March 2020.
- Welsh Government introduces Bill to challenge UK Government’s “damaging and divisive” Trade Union Act
- Over £31m to improve health services for mothers and babies
Featured Article »£40m available for research and innovation proposals
- Carl Sargeant announces extension to PaCE programme
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Nearly 3 million people live in Wales and use the services of the NHS.
Train. Work. Live. Medical Careers in Wales
Annual Quality Statement for NHS Wales
The Annual Quality Statement for NHS Wales 2015 is an overview of all the work going on within NHS organisations to improve the quality of care in NHS Wales.
Listen to what Andrew Goodall, NHS Wales Chief Executive has to say about the report on our YouTube channel (external link)
The NHS delivers services through 7 Health Boards and 3 NHS Trusts in Wales:
- primary care services are provided by general practitioners and other health care professionals in health centres and surgeries across Wales
- secondary care is delivered through hospital and ambulance services
- tertiary care is provided by hospitals which treat particular types of illness such as cancer
- community care services are usually provided in partnership with local social services, and delivered to patients in their own homes.
Health services in Wales take account of the fact that Wales has:
- high rates of cancer and heart disease
- a high proportion of elderly people
- a mix of rural, urban and valleys areas.
For further information about the NHS in Wales, please visit the Health in Wales website (external link).