Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
New figures show the number of young people not in education, employment or training in Wales fell during 2016
Skills and Science Minister, Julie James, has welcomed new figures showing a decline in the number of young people not in education, employment or training (NEET) during 2016.
- Carl Sargeant welcomes Help to Buy success
- New funding lays the foundations for Wales Co-operative Housing initiative
- New figures show the number of young people not in education, employment or training in Wales fell during 2016
In this section
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Tobacco Control Action Plan
The plan aims to reduce the number of people who smoke in Wales.
A comprehensive strategy is needed to reduce the number of people who smoke.
- high taxation
- regulation of advertising and sales
- restrictions on smoking in public places
- a range of awareness, education and cessation initiatives.
The Tobacco Control Action Plan for Wales incorporates all of these approaches.
The Action Plan has set a challenging target to reduce smoking levels to 20 per cent by 2016 and to 16 per cent by 2020. Our ultimate aim is a smoke-free Wales where the harm from tobacco is eradicated.
A Tobacco Control Strategic Board is overseeing progress of the Tobacco Control Delivery Plan.