New deal for the education workforce »Delivering our ambitions for learners in Wales will need the full commitment of a highly skilled and professional workforce.Learn more »
Another 300 young people find work thanks to Jobs Growth Wales
Young people in Wales have continued to find high-quality work opportunities through Jobs Growth Wales (JGW), the Welsh Government’s youth unemployment programme.
- New plans to reduce the number of children living in poverty
- £5million loan scheme to improve local sport facilities and get Wales active
- Another 300 young people find work thanks to Jobs Growth Wales
- Consultation on the Agricultural Advisory Panel for Wales - 2015
- Changes to the Producer Responsibility regimes for batteries and packaging
- Consultation on a Private Rented Sector Code of Practice for Landlords and Agents
- Proposed changes to homelessness data collections
- The Planning (Hazardous Substances) (Wales) Regulations 2015
- The designation of higher education courses at alternative providers for the purpose of student support
Section highlightRegulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) BillThe Bill will improve the quality of care and support in Wales and strengthen protection for citizens.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Stop Smoking Wales
Smokers who wish to quit can contact them for free and friendly help.
Specially trained staff offer:
- information; and
- free access to counselling and support groups across Wales.
The service is easy to use and is available to young people as well as adults. Just phone the freephone number to find out where their local service is based and how to join a support group. They can be contacted on 0800 085 2219.
Visit: Stop Smoking Wales (external link)
Stop Smoking Wales is funded by the Welsh Government and the service is delivered by Public Health Wales.